Quick n Easy

Chapter 51.
📖•-•-•🌿-•-•-•📚

TW⚠️: The following content may trigger past trauma.

Ideation
- the formation or development of ideas, thoughts, or concepts.

🪷

🪷

Ja'Aliyah's POV:

I woke up drenched in sweat for the second time in a row. My reality coming to haunt me even in my sleep. Mi cya continue like this.

I remember some of the events from the first nightmare being true, it's weird because after so many years why am I just realizing that something as traumatic as that had happened.

My fa- Jacob?

My body instantly ran cold and bile rose to my throat, I hurriedly climbed out of bed and ran to the toilet where I emptied the contents of my mouth.

The tears sprung from my eyes drenching the hem of my shirt as it poured down heavily.

This is all too much.

Maybe I should...

dat we fi duh yes.

🪷

🪷

I was on the verandah with my Poos and my mind randomly ran on Kay and an uneasy feeling washed over me so I decided to call her.

After the 10th ring she finally picked up.

"Kay?"

She was silent at first and then she spoke, "Hey wassup?" her bloodshot eyes giving her away.

"Wahpm to yuh?"

My question seemed to trigger her and I could hear as her breathing intensified and her cries grew louder. My heart sank and I gave her time to collect herself before I spoke again.

"Pack wah bag we aguh a beach tomorrow guh clear we head yere?" I commented.

She showed her face again in the camera and nodded in agreement.

We talked some more and then we hung up.

Mental health is really a hell eva thing inuh. It literally nuh viewed as important inna Jamaica and it really should be.

I got up from the chair going inside to check on my pot.

I was cooking curry chicken and white rice with some steamed vegetables on the side per my grandfather's request.

"dis ya gravy yah look like it will spread bed pon mi chest."

My mouth fell as I looked at my grandfather behind me as he inspected the pot.

"how yuh awful suh sir?" I asked feigning hurt as I rested my hands akimbo.

🪷

🪷