Chapter 46: Cherry & Saints

Inside the once-sealed cave of Veldora, I made a standing order that no one enter. Inside the deepest parts, and using the ultimate skills, I accessed [Infinity Prison] from Rimuru, as well as [Raphael]. Mainly, they were there as a company and extra input while constructing the means to bring Charybdis out. With the core in hand, [Akashic] analyzed the deepest parts of the core.

Connection to the Soul of Charybdis detected. Analysing structure. Spirit nucleus damaged. Ego missing... Analysis has determined remaining core fragments contain parts of spirit nuclei and astral body.

"If Charybdis is an offspring of Veldora, and the souls of monsters are linked by family... Raphael, if I'm unable to pull the soul back together can you gather the remaining cores?"

"Affirmative," Raphael relayed, "Veldora and Milim have been notified as well."

"Huh?"

"Attempting to restore Charybdis to the original state means their original power. It is a precaution."

"That sounds like a lack of faith," I said, causing Raphael to look at me with a muted expression.

"It has already been processed that the likely route being taken will be the fracturing of your ego and inserting it into Charybdis to see if it will develop."

"That is certainly a blunt option," I stared at the core, "And a dangerous one. Fracturing one's ego..."

Analysing the Soul of F/N. Attempting to examine the structure of ego. 

It's all dark inside. There's nothing there... Wait. I see, in the great void closest to the smallest object, [Akashic] can see them thanks to [Infinity Prison]. I had not expected that when setting it up. Infons are the smallest particles and are close to having zero mass. Raphael is relaying information on them. I see, they were also observed already in Rimuru's stomach.

My ego, there's a familiar wave coming from it, like when I was brought into this world. The void is filling in with an ocean. If I were to examine the wavelengths and structures of others... I cannot divide an ocean by the smallest particle.

Analysis of multiple connect souls completed, [Askashic] stated. [Infinate Magicules] activated.

"Skill Creation: [Awaken Self]."

Creating skill from processed information. [Awaken Self]. Activating newly acquired skill... Creation of original ego successful. Implanting ego into Soul of Charybdis.

Hello? A distant voice called out. Where...

One moment, you'll be awake soon.

Awake?

Creating an amorous body, I placed the core against its chest. "Time to wake up, Cherry Tempest."

Is that... me?

The [Infinity Prison] flooded with light as the energy released from the naming caused an unexpected change in the nature of Charybdis. A being born of malice and destruction. Given a sense of self. I did not remove the past experiences left on the soul from encounters. So when Cherry opens those eyes, I do not what to expect.

As the energy contained itself within the body created, the form Cherry took became clearer. That of a young girl, similar in height and build to Milim. Likely a result of Milim's own destructive nature at times. Silver-blue hair cut to the shoulders, a similar color to Rimuru's. Cherry opened her bright red eyes that were almost pink.

"Welcome to the world."

"You..." Cherry's eyes suddenly widened, terror filling them as she stepped back. "You're the one..."