Chapter 53: Tempest Tango Festival

After Mjollmile made it safely to the city, Rimuru had him introduce himself to the others before their meeting on the festivities. He was nervous at first, not only due to the make they were powerful monsters he was meeting, but it would be their first impression of him and set the groundwork for their future relationship. In total, the festival would last for three days, with a citywide party the night before. With royalty, nobility, and other key figures receiving a formal banquet. Others, like merchants and adventurers, would get free food and drink at inns and taverns.

On the first day, there would be a show at the new theater constructed for visitors with finer tastes. Mjollmile did not tell the lords what the show was, only that it would show the world that they were cultured. In an Earth sense, that would mean perverted. However, Mjollmile meant it in a literal sense. For those with less of a refined taste, the coliseum would be holding the preliminary rounds.

On the second day, the tournament battles would kick off. A VIP social event would also take place, but the day was mostly free for them to do what they wanted. With the final day being a show of the dungeon. Where guests will watch adventurers delve into the first fifty floors. Ramiris stopped the excitement, however, when she informed everyone that there was a problem. There was too much power.

Between the release of Veldora and Laden, all of the floors after floor sixty were covered in forest. Meaning it was gonna take a while for the magicules in the areas to generate boss-class monsters for them. And since there was supposed to be one every tenth floor, the vegetation was proving an issue. Rimuru was willing to let it be, but a few spoke up at the same time.

Shuna suggested having Cherry watch over Velhiem and having Venti as one of the bosses. Since she was an undead dragon, she could command the dead Adalman summoned. Laden okayed the plan and would give them the order. In the meantime, Laden also suggested using the spirit Rimuru still had stored in his stomach. Rimuru gave it some thought.

Treyni, meanwhile, recommended Zegion and Apito. They were two insectoids that Rimuru had taken in early on and who received gifts when he became a Demon Lord. Rimuru was not on board with the idea until Veldora offered to train them up to be fighters worthy of any floor. An odd thought, especially for Apito, the bee that provided them honey early on.

Then there was Ranga, who brought up the multi-tailed fox that was under Clayman. Rimuru accepted and named the fox Kumara. The little fox consumed more energy than originally expected, surprising the slime and giving the fox a full set of nine tails. Kumara even spoke and thanked him. And with that, the issue of boss monsters was solved and the festival reports concluded.

The meeting was not done. Souei had his own report, "I've been tracking Kazak, the man using the elven slave trade. He was just the tip of the iceberg. It was run by Orthrus, an armed criminal group whose reach extended across every nation that was based in the small Kingdom of Ballachia."

"You're using past tense?" Laden pointed out. "So then you already dealt with them?"

Souei shook his head, "Well, no... I cannot take credit, it was by the hand of Masayuki, the Hero. It seems he is now accompanying the captured elves back to their elder."

"This is the first I've heard of him," Laden looked to Rimuru. "But with a name like that, I assume he's like Hinata."

"No," Rimuru continued, "I heard that name while in Ingrassia. He professed that he was going to slay us, the Demon Lords of Jura. I'll take care of him personally, so no touching him."

Souei and the others agreed, Laden could feel Rimuru staring at him, "Fine, I'll let you handle the overzealous hero this time. If it's anything like Hinata's situation, it's all a setup."