Chapter 50: Invite Only

Gard Mjollmile, a wealthy merchant that Rimuru met after he and Laden visited the Dwelling to help the children. Mainly operated in the Kingdom of Blumund, however, that chance encounter happened during one of his visits to the Kingdom of Ingrassia to establish a new branch for business. The result of the relationship is seen in the new food products that have become popular. Rimuru was not only going to invite him to the festival, but also wanted his involvement in not only managing the funds and budget, but coming up with something that would bring visitors back. Rimuru went as far as offering him a position as Minister of Finances, free house included.

Meanwhile, the other invitations reached their targets. Gazel, King of Dwargon, was in an emergency conference after reports of saints and crusaders moving. Many viewed the Demon Lords as dangerous, more so after seeing the events in Falmuth and Tempest. Talk that they were more powerful than the king caused uproar in the conference, however, Gazel did not see things that way.

"There is no need to worry. We were the first nation to support them, we should have the strongest bond with them. Yet you still say we should doubt them?"

The conference came around once they recognized the drawbacks of cutting ties with the nation. As it would result in the loss of new technologies. Gazel also recognized Rimuru's good nature and clear intentions. And Rimuru's trust extended to Laden. The king knew this would affect the Tenma War, yet did not know to what end.

This was all decided before the latter had arrived. Once read the king lost his breath for a moment.

Eren the female adventurer Rimuru and Laden traveled with, would write the occasional letter home to her overprotected father in the Sorcerer's Dynasty Sarion. Elf country. Eren was the daughter of Erald Grimwald, an archduke of the Dynasty and uncle to the Emperor. He, not the Emperor, was sent an invitation.

Archduke Erald did not like the Demon Lords at first and he was very close to declaring all-out war against them. Eren had exaggerated to a great degree in her messages, especially after she camped with them on the way to Ingressia. This tipped him off the edge and is what originally brought him to judge the lords. Now he was content watching them from a distance, but now a problem reached his hand.

The letter was for him, not the Emperor. Emperor Elmesia El Ru Sarion was already mad at him for going to Tempest without her. Regardless of safety concerns at the time. Having no choice but to extend the invitation to her as well, he entered her garden and thought his words carefully.

The end result, he was verbally bombarded. First with the fact that Eren, real name Elyun, sent her sweets and not him. Second was his short-sightedness in the agreement for constructing a road that leads to Sarion. Tempest is burdened with constructing the road and defending the workers but will get taxes from the tolls. While Sarion has retained the right to negotiate the tolls. The Emperor saw this as short-sighted because he was making a deal with a Demon Lord, one that can live as long as them.

"We should have participated in the construction, forming and dispatching our own labor force. Leave them to handle defense and even if the effort is small, they wouldn't be able to permanently monopolize the rights to the completed road. In future toll negotiations, we'll be at a disadvantage." Emperor Elmesia was going.

Then there was Fuze, who was happy with the peace until a Demon Lord appeared out of nowhere. Rimuru played coy, even going as far as saying the Demon Lord would love to be served tea and cake. He did not have cake. That was fine, since Rimuru was not there simply to invite him, but to inform Fuze of the incident in its entirety. Including the act between Veldora and Luminous.

If breaking the news that Luminous was not a real god was not bad enough, Rimuru also wanted to task him with delivering an invitation to the King of Blumund as well as attending himself. Fuze wailed in anguish as Rimuru also briefly mentioned that Milim would likely stop by.