Chapter 48: Luminous & Veldora

"And so, the God Luminous and Demon Lord Valentine are one and the same," The Holy Emperor declared.

After returning, Luminous was quick to make her appearance and set things straight. Although I could see the frustration in her, we both knew this was the only way. Rimuru, however, wasn't too keen on it. The visiting Demon Lord and Saints borrowed the conference hall and seated themselves at the table with Luminous sitting at the head and her proxy standing beside her. Rimuru and I stood to the side, speaking through our link.

You shouldn't have been hostile.

Making the difference in power understood was the fastest way to make her work with us.

I can't disagree with you more there. From the way Hinata is talking of Luminous, and the Saints are speaking of Hinata, their group is as loyal to each other as our people are to us. If you make an enemy of her by being reckless like Veldora in the past-

I was not reckless in my attack and she knows that. 

F/N you ARE getting more reckless. Raphael told me about Cherry's reaction, you didn't even notice the killing intent you were releasing.

Why would I release killing intent to who is essentially Veldora's child?

The fact you didn't realize it is in itself a problem. Even Veldora felt something off.

And now you want to talk about it? While we're playing host?

We aren't playing, they are our guests. When Shuna is done cooking we'll be having a feast in reconciliation. I'd ask you to apologize for your outburst.

To hell with that.

F/N, think of the future.

"Pardon," Shuna entered the room, "The feast is ready in the garden."

Rimuru glanced at me, "Consider it, for more than you."

After everyone made their way outside, it seemed the Saints took the news well and the food. Luminous let her frustration out when Veldora appeared, though he was told to stay put in Rimuru's office with the manga made for him, he couldn't help himself when he heard about the food. Rimuru was about to let Luminous vent some past frustrations on Veldora before she restrained herself and decided to enjoy the food.

"Something I was curious about," Hinata inquired to Rimuru. "Those two girls..."

She looked over to Cherry and Venti. The first had dragged the second to sneak into the feast to get Shuna's cooking. Charged with the protection of the castle, I had Venti come back here on standby until the Saint issue was resolved.

"Well, the girl with silver hair is Venti. She's a Death Dragon under F/N. And as for the other, that's Cherry... Charybdis." Several eyes snapped to look at Cherry.

"Wouldn't that make her Veldora's daughter?" Hinata asked, causing Luminous to choke on her tea.

"Well, technically, F/N gave her an ego and name," Rimuru added and glanced over to me. "In a way, it would be more accurate to say Cherry and Venti are his daughters."

"I don't feel like that's a compliment," I stated, the comment being overheard by the two.

Venti blankly stared at me for a moment, "Papa?"

"Never call me that again," I corrected. "And don't get me started on the genealogy. There is no family name engraved on their soul..." Engraved on their soul... That's right, that's what was wrong. When I reflected and looked deep in my soul, the names Dora, Nava, and Tempest were missing...