Send Him the Long Way Home

I pushed him all the way out of my apartment and left him on my doorstep while Julia tried to tell me the situation. She began babbling about how she ran into him on the way home and that she thought that she should just take the liberty of inviting him to dinner.

And that's all I needed. This guy keeps trying to talking to me, I got cheated on again, and dumped my boyfriend, and now my roommate/ best friend thinks she can invite anyone in. But after she continued to explain herself, I felt a little guilty. So out of remorse I let Luke in. He smiled and sat down at our table. Julia brought out plates dressed in chicken and fries. I brought out a coke can and set it in front of. Julia sat next to him while I sat by myself on the other side. We began eating in silence until he lifted his head up.

"So does your friend know your name."

I nodded, "She just likes to call me by my last name."

She shrugged and nodded.

"How old are you? 20?" I asked with food in my mouth.

"I'm 17."

"Wow."

"I know."

"You're pretty tall."

He smirked and his blue eyes looked up to my brown ones, "You're pretty short."

We continued the small talk until our plates were empty and our glasses clinked with hollowness. Julia cleaned up while I put the glasses back. After they were tucked away I turned on my playlist and oddly, some old songs came on.

"You like Justin Timberlake?"

I laughed under my breath and slumped on my sofa, "Only the sad truthful ones."

We sat around the music in quietness. I enjoyed it and he seemed a little less annoying. It wasn't until a loud banging came from the door I got up from my position.

"God, sorry those are my friends." As Julia opened the door 3 boys busted in. Luke sighed then ran into their arms. Julia's jaw dropped and she mouthed to me, "JACKPOT". I chuckled and Luke tugged on my wrist.

"Let me introduce you to my friends. This guy here is Ashton and our daddy," the boys all hugged him as he pushed his bandanna up and outstretched his hand, "Nice to meet you."

"And this is Calum, plays the bass." Calum shook my hand as well.

"And last but not least is Michael." Michael looked at me, but didn't say anything. He looked kind of lost and the other 3 boys began to snicker. He didn't blink until Calum nudged him in the side.

"I like your hair," he uttered quickly.

"Thanks."

Luke turned to me and picked up his cell and sweater.

"I'll see you soon I hope." He winked at me and I shoved him out my door along with the others.

"We'll see about that."

They all laughed and ran down the hallway, except for Michael. He stood at my door and rubbed the back of his neck. I kinda waited to see if he was gonna say anything but then decided to close the door. But just as it was about to lock he put his foot in between the smallest crack.

"Wait."

I reopened the door and gestured for him to continue.

"Um, wanna go out to see a movie tomorrow?"

Confused I replied, "I barely just met you Michael."

"Please? I'll buy you pizza." His eyes begged and I rolled mine.