He's So Out Of Reach

I was using the guitar day and night. Writing songs, making covers. It was amazing. My parents had only ever given me my acoustic guitar but now, I could play the music I wanted. I can play the metal genre I am so in love with. But as the days wasted away, I still felt like I was missing something.

As I was writing some songs with my guitar in hand, Julia came bursting in. She had her bag in her hand, her hair and makeup done and was dressed in her favorite pair of jean short shorts and black tank top.

"Where are you going?"

"Uh, today is the CONCERT BLAKE!"

"The concert?"

"Luke is picking me up!"

"Oh. The Paramore one?"

"Yeah," she grinned widely, "so I'm dressing up so he'll notice me."

"Notice you?"

"Girl, he is so fine, don't act like you don't know."

Oh, I know.

"He's coming over to pick me up!"

"Oh, great." No more than about 5 seconds later there was a knock at the door and Julia sprinted to the door. When she opened it, none other than Luke walked in. He had on a white tee shirt with black skinny jeans and grey vans. He had on my snapback.

"Blake."

"Luke."

"You left your hat at our place."

"Thanks," he handed it to me and I dropped it behind where I sat. Julia did her signature hair flip and I'm sure it sent a wave of her perfume into his breathing air.

"You ready?" she asked with a large grin on her face.

"Oh, yeah." She smiled and grabbed his hand.

"Bye Blake!"

I walked up and held the door, "Bye Julia."

Luke looked back, "Bye."

"If she dies I'll kill you," I whispered under my breath. He turned back around and I shut the door quickly.

Was I jealous? No. Was I annoyed? Yes. Why did he have to come all the way up here? Couldn't he just wait in his car and call her like he did to me? Either way, I didn't really want to see him either way. But I am glad that I got my hat back. That hat wasn't free.

Alone in the apartment, I continued writing. I worked non-stop for a good hour before I got a call from an unknown number. I didn't feel like answering, so I let it go to voicemail. But my phone rung again, letting me know they left me a message.

"Hey Blake, it's me Calum. I just wanted to talk you. If you could call me back that would be great, or meet me at the Starbucks near your work, that would be great. Bye."

I grabbed my bag and dropped my guitar on my bed before I caught a bus. When it left me at the bus stop I walked just a few feet before I got to Starbucks. Through the windows I could see Calum sitting at a booth drinking a water and checking his phone. To get his attention, I waved hoping he would see me and luckily he did. He smiled and gestured for me to come inside and sit with him.

I ordered a tea and went over to Calum.

"Hey!"

"Hi Blake."

"So what's up?"

"I just wanted to talk."

"What about?"

He sighed and lowered his voice, "I'm gonna cut to the chase. Michael went out of town on business right now and Luke is out at a Paramore concert."