Please Stop

"Sooo, how is he?" Even though I was staring out the window I could see Julia smirking.

"You know I don't kiss and tell."

"Oh fine, but please tell me, did the story continue this morning?"

"Oh god. NO IT DIDN'T."

"Haha, okay." We drove home in her sister's car and parked it in the lot. When we finally got back to our apartment I fell on the couch exhausted. She dropped her purse and skipped to the kitchen announcing she was in search for a pop tart.

"So, when are you leaving?"

"For?"

"Girl don't you have your gig at that coffee place?"

I groaned and rolled over on my belly, "No, they said I can't perform because I'm to heavy for them."

Julia shrugged as she pulled her microwaved pop tart out, "Look, maybe if you just turned down your metal vibe you'd be more approachable. Maybe even dye your hair brown again, go all natural."

"Please don't say natural."

"Sorry."

She sat next to me and ate her food in silence while I sat still and quiet. Once she finished she decided she was going to go back with her sister. I hugged her goodbye then went to my room and turned on Netflix. As countless episodes of The Walking Dead passed I began to fall asleep.

Right when I almost entered a dream my phone began to vigorously ring.

"Hello?"

"Hey."

"What, Luke?"

"You left something here."

"What is it?"

"It's like a brown bracelet thing-"

"I'LL BE THERE SOON!"

I caught the next bus that took me as close to their apartment as possible. As soon as it stopped I ran about two blocks to their building and to their room, slamming on their door.

Luke answered.

Half naked, no shirt.

"Hey."

"Uh...can I come in?"

"Yeah sure." He widened the entrance and I dashed in, searching for my possession.

"It's in Mike's room."

I darted to his bedroom and found my bracelet lying idle on his nightstand. I picked it up with the greatest care and slipped it into my jean pocket.

I emerged breathing heavily, and was Luke still shirtless.

"You just walk around naked?"

He seemed offended in a jokey way, "No, no that's Calum."

I nodded and sat down on the couch.

"Why did you need to come all the way over here? I could've brought it to you. Or you simply could've waited to see Michael again."

"This means a lot to me."

"Really?" He sat next to me with a cup of chocolate milk.

"My dad gave it to me."

"What happened to him?"

"He um, he died in battle a couple of years ago."

Luke gave me his condolences, as everyone else had, but they meant nothing to me. My dad was my hero. And America's hero. Yet he still died.