We Don't Have To Live This Way

BLAKE POV

"Ms. Blake, do you have all your belongings?"

"Yes doctor." I replied soft, slinging my backpack of my shoulder and shaking my doctor's hand.

"Alright. Please take care of yourself."

"I will." With a smile and nod I was led out of the hospital. I felt awkward leaving, but it felt good to finally get out of that hospital room. For the past week they've been helping rehabilitate me, and I've gotten most of my memory back apparently. I've had no visitors though.

When I was finally outside, I felt like a new person. like I wasn't myself anymore. Immediately, I caught a bus ride to the music store. I tried pushing the door to run in and surprise Julia, but it was locked. Under the handle there was a note reading that it was closed.  Which was weird because we're never closed on Saturdays. Confused I waited for the bus once again. But waiting outside I got a little impatient, so I decided to walk home. I picked up the pace when I felt a strong wind coming and the skies begin to grey. After a good 45 minute walk I reached the apartment complex and jogged up to the floor. Luckily I still had my keys.

I slowly turned the knob and set my stuff by the door. Once I locked the door I set the keys down by the kitchen counter.

"Julia." I called

There was no answer.

"Pst. Julia, I'm home!" I listened carefully to the silence, awaiting any sound that would show me she's here. Sure enough, I heard shuffling in her room, and tip toed to her door.

I peeked around the corner and found her at her desk. She was asleep on it. Typical.

I rested my hands on her shoulders and shook her awake, "Julia, wake up, it's me."

"Huh?" she turned on her chair and tried to open her eyes.

"Julia, I'm home."

She blinked a couple of times before dropping her jaw, "Blake? Is it you?"

"Yeah, it's me."

Julia sat still, looking directly into my eyes without even blinking. After what seemed like forever she jumped out of her seat and wrapped her arms around my neck. I returned her embrace and held on tight. I could feel her begin to cry as she shook a little between breaths.

"I'm so happy you're okay," she mumbled.

"I'm happy to see you too Julia."

She backed up from me and wiped her tears, letter her smile be exposed, "Look at you. You don't look broken at all."

"I know. The doctors say it was a miracle that I only had a few bumps and bruises aside from my messed up head." Julia laughed and held my hand.

"So, where are the boys?" I asked.

"Who?"

"You know, Luke, Ashton, Calum?"

Suddenly, Julia's grin fell to a frown and she seemed caught in what to say. Suspicious of what was going on I asked again.

"They're at their apartment."

"Let's go see em then."

"Blake, are you sure?"

Rolling my eyes and picking up house keys again I replied, "Duh, of course."

Julia and I were able to catch bus ride to their place, and pretty soon we were at their door step. I rung the doorbell. In a matter of seconds I could hear the door being unlocked, and before I could blink, Luke was standing in front of me.

Julia tried to shake me by grabbing my arm, but it was no use. Our eyes were already fixed on each other. I was pulled into his galaxy and got lost in the ocean of his eyes. The more I focused the more I saw a change in him. His hair seemed darker from the vibrant gold it was, and he was growing a beard. When I looked into his eyes again I saw how the Caribbean sea color had been drained to look like the shore of Corpis Christi. He stood rigid and blank. I was hoping he would make a move, but he didn't. No gesture, no words, no breath.

"Well, it's good to see you again," I muttered.

In a swift motion Luke picked me up and held me in the tightest hug I've ever been in. I was dragged in the apartment and he didn't let go. His grip was unbreakable. When he finally set me down to earth he whispered he loved me.

He loved me.

LovED me.

"Blake!" Calum ran to me, engulfing me in his arms. Ashton followed behind and joined in on the hug, pulling in Julia and Luke in. We all started crying and fell to the floor. This is what I was missing. Although I don't remember what I was dreaming while half dead, I swear these people had to be somewhere in it.

As we cried into each other, my ears perked up at the sound of a bedroom door shutting. Everyone stood up and faced Michael as he slowly walked up to me.

His hair was bleached, no longer brown. His eyes began to water and without my consent he put his arms around me, held me to his chest, and rested his head on my shoulder.

I rested my hand on his waist and felt the curve of his studded belt holding his black skinny jeans. I let my hands roam up to his back and allowed them to rest there. He started to shake and cry on my shoulder. He backed away and cupped my face with his cautious hands.

"Blake, I'm so glad you're okay. I've missed you so much. So, so, so much. I know you must hate me. Whether it's because you think I've done something horrible, or just because. But I wanna let you know that I love you dearly. You've been the only thing on my mind and I've practically been planning out what I would say to you when you finally woke up, but now? Now I feel like I can't speak. But I know I have to so you know the truth. I don't want to lose you. Just the thought scares me. Blake, I know we can get through this, everything that's happened. You just have to-"

He was out.

I punched him.

~~~~~

merry holidays :3

earth loves you

-Sj