Twisted Dream

Later on, Michael walked in. Julia had just left for her lunch break so I got to hold down the fort for a while. He was wearing a grey Blink 182 shirt with a black sweater over it and some ripped, black skinny jeans with some classic vans.

"Hey," he waved.

"Hi, um I'm guessing Luke told you I wanted to talk to you." He nodded and leaned on the counter.

"What's up?"

"Well, I wanted to talk about yesterday..." He made a confused face and pushed his hair back a bit, then awkwardly stuffed his hands in his sweater pockets.

"What about yesterday? Are you not gonna call me after this?"

I laughed, "No it's more like the opposite."

"What'd you mean?"

"Well.. we got pretty close yesterday and I really like you. But you never really um, yanno, asked me to be like your girlfriend or anything."

"Oh." He looked down and seemed to check something on his phone. Immediately I felt my stomach fall out of my butt. Oh god what if this guy had a girlfriend already and just remembered it? That would make me the natural redhead. Or what if he's coming to a sudden and horrible realization that I'm no model and he's thinking that maybe he should wait until he stumbles upon one? Or maybe I was legitimately a one night stand. At this short moment in time the possibilities were endless. When he looked back up I tried to regain what little composure I had left.

"You're right."

"Yeah.."

"Well um, there's a reason I never asked."

Crap here it comes.

"I just thought that, yanno, the whole night and the next morning kinda showed that, I wanted to be with you. But I'm sorry I didn't make it clear. I totally wanna be your boyfriend unless like, you just wanted last night to be a one time thing-"

"No! No, I do want you to be my boyfriend."

He smiled and gestured for a handshake, "Alright then." Michael leaned over the counter and kissed my cheek then left. He said that he'd call me later on to see if I wanted to get dinner. Once he left I felt like dying. Like my life was complete and I didn't need anything else.

Swooning, I finished the rest of my day in a daze and Julia noticed as we walked out and closed up shop.

"You're in love, I know that look anywhere."

"Hey, maybe I am." I shrugged with a half smile on my face.

"Wanna walk all the way or catch bite and take the last bus?" Julia asked.

"Well, I actually might have plans with a certain someone."

"OOOoooooo haha look at you all blushy and girly."

"Oh shut up ha." My phone began to ring, so I quickly answered.

"Michael?"

"No, it's Luke."

"Ugh, what do you want."

"Hey, I'm like Michael's brother. You need to respect me Wes."

"Just answer my question."

"Look to your left." I did as told and saw a long limousine parked across the street. My jaw dropped and my phone fell to the pavement. Julia screamed and picked up my phone cautiously then set it in my bag. She tried to understand my expression but got frustrated quickly as she always does.

"What?" She finally caught my glance then gasped too.

"Is he in there???"

"Nope."