Chapter 27: Fired?

Aria's Pov:

It's been almost 3 weeks that Ezra and I have told my parents about the baby. Ezra was on his way home. He's early but at least I'll see him. He walked in the door.

"Aria. We need to talk, now." He said sitting on the couch.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I got fired today." He said softly.

"What! How? My dad is your boss!" I said.

"Aria! That's the reason!" He yelled.

"What did you do?" I asked.

"Nothing at all, besides getting you pregnant!" He said sarcastically. 

"Aria I can't pay for the baby anymore if I don't have a job." He said.

"You don't have to!" I exclaimed.

"No Aria. I have been a professor last year and now I'm reusing coffee filters!" He yelled.

"So what are you saying?" I said softly. He rubbed his eyes and sighed.

"I think I need time." He sighed.

"Time from what?" I asked.

"Everything." He answered.

"I don't have the money Aria." He explained.

"So! I can help you. We have a baby on the way Ezra!" I yelled.

"I know and that was a mistake to put you in that situation." He replied.

"So this baby is a mistake to you! Where is all this coming from?" I asked.

"I don't know I mean you get pregnant, I propose, then I lose my job because of the baby." He replied.

"I should go." I said getting up with tears down my face. 

"Aria, I'm not saying it won't work in the future, I'm just saying we need a brake." He spoke.

"If you loved someone you shouldn't ever need a brake." I said walking out with tears.

"Aria!" He yelled but it was too late. I had no idea that was going to happen.