Chapter 36: The first year

11 months later
This is Joseph. He's a month old now. Yes, this is my child. Sadly he's also Ezra's. Ezra and I have been in an argument for the past 5 months. I sleep on his bed most of the nights but when I do he sleeps on the couch. We came close when Joseph was born but honestly it wasn't the same. You're probably wondering why this all happened. When I first got pregnant Ezra wanted nothing to do with the baby, he wanted to live with me without a child for a while. I don't exactly remember what happened but he left for a couple weeks. Then he told me the baby was a mistake. They always say the first year is the hardest. I don't know what has gotten into him lately. It was 2am in the morning and the baby started to cry. I've been getting Joseph in the mornings lately. I felt a warm hand on my shoulder.

"Aria. I'll get him." Ezra said. It's our very first anniversary in a month and I don't know if I can do this anymore. I thought we were supposed to be forever. I thought we were supposed to have a family together. What Ezra doesn't realize is that Joseph takes breasts feeding and obviously he can't do that.

"Ezra." I sighed looking tired. "I'll do it."

"Okay fine." He said sounding annoyed.

"Ezra stop." I replied.

"Stop what!" He yelled, now the baby started crying, great.

"Ezra you don't need to yell." I said calmly. He sighed and sat down the in the rocking chair digging his face in his hands.

"Aria I'm s-" I stopped him.

"Ezra save it, I can't do this anymore." I sighed.

"Do what?" He yelled.

"This! Ezra! I can't have a child grow up with their parents that hate each other!" I yelled back putting Joseph back in his crib slipping my shirt back on.

"We don't hate each other!" He added. I sighed and looked back at him with tears in my eyes.

"I can't have the baby growing up with us not being happy, kissing each other, hugging, talking and us not telling each other that we love each other." I said holding Joseph's blanket and sitting on the couch in his room.

"Aria I made a mistake leaving, but it was only t-" I cut him off.

"You told me that the baby was a mistake and that you didn't care!" I screamed forgetting we were in Joseph's room. Then he started to wail and scream. Ezra started to walk to him. I slapped his hand away.

"Get away from my baby!" I screamed.

"Your baby?" He yelled back.

"Yes now please!" I pushed him away.

"You mean our baby!" He yelled.

"Ezra I can't do this." I said walking around the room packing a diaper bag.

"What are you doing?" He said calmly.

"Going to my house!" I explained.

"Aria no one is there." He said back.

"I know but it's best if I stay there for a while." I answered. Usually when I tried to leave he would spin me around or not let me, but this time he just let us go. He walked down with me to my car because he had to take the carseat out of his car. He strapped Joseph in and kissed him on the forehead. Ezra shut the door and looked at me. Tears were rolling down my cheeks. He kissed my forehead and let me go. I saw as I was backing out he threw his phone across the parking lot, it shattered into a million pieces just like my heart. By now it was 3am. It started to rain. I looked in the mirror at Joseph. He started to cry to I reached my hand in the back.

"It's alright baby." I said crying myself.

A/N

Don't kill me😁 I have the next 3 chapters written I just want to space out the updating! The more votes and comments i get I'll update sooner! Thanks!!