Chapter 48: Hard enough

I pushed Ezra while he almost fell off the couch.

"WHAT THE HELL!" He screamed.

"Don't scream at me! I should be the one screaming!" I yelled back.

"What do you want!" He yelled.

"You said that this alcohol thing was over but what about before!" I yelled.

"What do you mean?" He asked sounding annoyed because it was 4 in the morning.

"We're you driving with Joseph when you were drinking?" I whispered holding tears.

"Aria." He sighed.

"No! Just leave me alone!" I screamed running into Joseph's room locking the door.

"Aria please just open the door." He said knocking.

"No! I won't ever trust you again!" I screamed crying. I could hear him sob and sit leaning against the door. We all fell asleep like this. Me on the ground and Ezra on the other side of the door.

It was 9 in the morning and I woke up with a huge head ache. I can't believe I trusted him. Especially with my child! Why didn't he tell me? I have so many questions that I just can't ask him. I just remembered that he was on the other side of the door. I packed a bag for Joseph and I and decided to go to a hotel. I know my parents would be ideal but I can't live there or be there right now it's too much. They would question everything and then I would have to explain. Then they wouldn't let me see Ezra again or let my child be around him. How did I not know? I'm so mad! I stormed out the door leaving Ezra getting up.

"Aria wait!" He yelled running down the hall. I had Joseph in my hand putting him in his car seat.

"Where are you going?" He asked grabbing my hand.

"Hotel." I sighed.

"Aria that's too expensive just stay here and we can work things out." He replied.

"Ezra I can handle it." I said walking to the kitchen. I looked back at Joseph sitting in his car seat.

"What? You think I'm going to kill your child huh?" He asked with a straight face.

"Ezra! I never said that and no!" I yelled.

"You can't take my child away from me, again!" He yelled.

"Watch me." I said grabbing everything going to the car.

"Aria!" He yelled running out to the car.

"Ezra let me go." I said with the window down.

"No! This isn't fair for anyone if you just leave! You didn't even let me try to work things out!" He yelled grabbing onto the car window.

"Maybe I don't want to work things out." I sighed.

"So you're just saying it's over because of one fight." He replied.

"No Ezra I'm just saying that maybe it's not working out as we thought it would." I said softly.

"What do you mean?" He asked as I pulled out into the drive way.

"You know." I sighed and drove away.