Chapter 37: Joseph

I woke up around 10 and so did Joseph considering we were up at 3 am. My parents are on a family vacation with Mike. They left for a couple weeks and won't be back anytime soon. I like having a nice house. I like not having someone scream at me everyday. Joseph was in his play pin because we don't have my old crib from the attic yet. I then realized that all of Joseph's and my clothes are at home, or at least what I did call home. I need someone to get that crib from the attic. I could call Toby or Caleb but the girls are out of town with them, is everyone out of town when I need them most? I guess I have to do this.

I pulled out my phone and dialed Ezra's number.

"Ezra?" I asked.

"Aria?" He asked.

"Yeah sorry to bother you, I-I just need help." I replied.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah! No it's just I need someone to help me with getting the crib from the attic." I replied.

"Oh um I'll be right over." He answered. I knew this wasn't smart but Joseph needed a crib and he needed to see his father. Overall this crap that is going on, Joseph comes first and I can't just not let him see his dad. After all this thinking the door bell rang. I picked Joseph up and carried him to the door. I opened the door to see Ezra that looked like he didn't sleep that night.

"Hi thanks for coming." I said looking down.

"No problem, you know there isn't anything I wouldn't do for you, right?" He said lifting my chin with his fingers.

"Ezra stop." I said walking towards the attic. I pulled it down by the string hanging and looked at him.

"Okay ill be right back." He said climbing up. He came back with half of the crib but it looked heavy.

"I can help you if-" He cut me off.

"No you'll hurt yourself." He replied carrying it to the guest bedroom. I have to admit he looked hot sweating and walking up and down the stairs. He snapped me out of it.

"Take a picture, it will last longer." He said looking at me. I laughed and corrected myself.

"Ezra you should go." I replied.

"Okay but let me see Joseph for a little please. I can take him back home and bring him back later." He offered.

"Ezra." I sighed, "you can't do this right now." I replied.

"Aria, you can't keep me away from my son. Especially after Maggie and-" I interrupted.

"Ezra don't make me fell g-" I started but now he interrupted me.

"I'm not I just want to see my son, is that too much to ask for?" He said raising his voice.

"Ezra it is when literally this morning at 3am we were fighting and I left." I replied with disappointment. Ezra had a tear run down his face and with that he started walking out when Joseph started to scream. He was screaming before Ezra got here and then when Ezra is here he brings a joy to the room. For some reason Joseph always smiles and stops crying when his father is here. I guess I can't keep them two apart. I sighed.