Chapter 55: Parents

Today I decided to go get Joseph from my parent's house.

Once I got there I walked in my house, it smelled the same.

"Aria!" My mom said running towards me.

"Hi mom." I said hugging her.

"Sorry it's just last time we saw this family Ezra came and dropped Joseph off. We didn't see you or hear from you!" She said letting me go.

"I'm so sorry mom and hey dad!" I said hugging him too.

"Aren't you supposed to be at work?" I asked.

"Yeah but I'm the head so I can leave when I have breaks." He replied laughing.

"And also I try to work Ezra's butt off!" He added.

"Thanks dad!" I said laughing.

"Well he has today off." He said.

"He said you told him to work today." I replied.

"I never said that." He said confused. "Matter of fact I haven't spoke to him since the day I told him to take today off." He added. I felt so confused.

"Ok okay whatever! Joseph you ready to go home?" I asked picking my baby up.

"So how is he at home?" My mother asked handing me his bottle.

"Well he sleeps in Ezra and I's bed." I said looking into his icy blue eyes.

"Aw I bet he enjoys being with you!" My mom said.

"Yeah well basically it was my call because I'm still scared." I replied while my dad just looked at me smiling.

"What?" I asked him.

"Nothing! Just you and your boy!" He said tearing up.

"Dad I would think you would cry when he's born not now!" I replied laughing.

"Okay well you must be going!" My mom said handing me another bag.

I popped the trunk and put everything in it.

I got home and sat my keys on the counter. It was 8pm and Ezra still wasn't home.

A- Where are you! My dad said you had the day off! What's going on?
E- I'm sorry I'll be home soon....
A- How about now!😠
E- Calm down I will explain it later.
A- Call me. Now!
E- I can't right now.
A- Ezra
E- I can't....

~ 4 hours later ~

A- Where are you!
A- Are you okay?
A- I'm getting worried can you please come home?
A- Ezra answer me!

~ 2am ~

I put Joseph to bed at 10 and now I'm sitting here deciding if I should call 911.

All is a sudden Ezra came through the stumbling. He had a black eye and his hair was all messed up.

I got up and ran to him.

"Ezra! Honey!" I said grabbing his neck pulling him into a hug. We stood there for a good 10 minutes. You would think I would be yelling at him but I had no idea what happened to him.

I grabbed his hand and moved his hair out of the way. I led him to the bathroom and got a wash cloth. I put it under hot water and wiped his black eye. Nothing was said. I bent his head down so I could get his hair wet. I unbuttoned his ripped button down. I gasped. There were scratch marks and bruises all over his body. I grabbed the wash cloth and patted it on his abs and stomach. He groaned in pain until I cleaned the marks. I gave him a t shirt which he put on. I unbuckled his pants and let them fall. He didn't have anything on his legs so I just went back into the kitchen and made him some soup. I like how everything is on one floor in our house. The guest bedroom and movie room is upstairs but that's not bad.

By the time I came back Ezra was in bed starring at the TV.

"Here." I whispered climbing into bed.

"Thanks." He whispered back. That was the first thing he has said in a while.

After an hour of silence and eating soup I spoke up.

"Ezra?" I asked.

"Yeah." He whispered trying to move but in too much pain.

"You don't have to tell me now but what happened?" I asked grabbing his hand.

"Truth?" He whispered.

"Truth." I nodded.

"I didn't go to work. I had the day off. But I got a call the other night. It was from A. I-I was asked to see him. Give him something in trade so he wouldn't hurt you again. He wanted a transcript of Andrew's birth certificate a-a-and." He stumbled.

I reached over and squeezed his hand.

"You can tell me." I whispered.

"A-and Malcolm's birth information." He said.

"W-why would he want that!" I said sitting up.

"Charles doesn't believe Maggie but I have the papers to prove I'm not his father." He replied.

"So that still doesn't explain what took so long and why you are beat up!" I yelled.

"I got in an accident." He whispered.

"Ezra! Why didn't you call me?" I yelled.

"Aria I couldn't, my mind was on that fact that he wanted to hurt you and when I got in the accident I just ran home. Then I got a text." He showed me his phone.

"Ezra watch where you are going next time! I could have been killed!

Maybe your family would like that?

Don't worry I said it was my fault.

Your car is totaled.

Time for a new car
Time for a new family.

-A"

I gulped reading it and teared up.

"Thanks for taking care of me when I got home." He said getting up.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"Bathroom. I should take a shower." He replied.

His phone buzzed. It was Spencer trying to reach him because I called her when he wasn't home. I smiled at his backgrounds. The lock screen was Joseph and I when he was first born. The home screen was Ezra and I kissing on the plane coming back from Paris. I texted back Spence.

Ezra came out of the shower.

"Hey where did you come from?" He asked looking at Joseph in my arms.

"He woke up. Also I forgot I wanted him to sleep with us for a while." I replied. I laid Joseph down and kissed his head. Ezra came in behind me and wrapped his arms around me intertwining our legs and fingers.

"I love you." I whispered.

"I love you too." He replied kissing my neck.

A/N

Wow! Okay that took for ever to write! Basically 1,000 words! Hope you enjoyed the long chapter! Kinda at writers block so I might be doing time jumps soon! Thanks for voting and commenting!! Luv ya'll!! 😘