CHAPTER 23

It was early morning once again, but I couldn't sleep right after last night's chaos. I couldn't help but wonder what the two of them were doing right now.

Would they be apologizing to each other for the way they acted? Would they be talking it out or making it up?

Either way, I was staying out of it. I had enough drama in my own life to worry about without getting involved in theirs.

I decided to get up and get ready for work.

"Good morning Calista" said Gana as soon as I opened my door

"Good morning Gana" I replied.

"Do you want to have breakfast with me?" She asked

"I can't right now, I'm late for work." I said as I rushed to get ready.

"Wait." Gana grabbed my arm and pulled me back toward her. "Just a few minutes, please" she said with a pleading look in her eyes.

"Ano 'yon?"

"Galit ka pa ba?" Saad nito may pa puppy eye's pa ang gaga.

"Hindi ah, hindi ako kailan man nagalit sa'yo" Sambit ko sakaniya at kinurot ang pisngi nito

"Kaya mauna na ako, sorry hindi kita masasamahan mag break fast, medyo maaga ako ngayon eh"

"Okay, ingat" Saad nito na malumanay.

I arrived safely at my workplace and started my shift. It seemed like the drama between Gana and Andrei. I was just thankful I could stay out of it.

"Hoy teh, shift mo ngayon?" Saad nito sabay hampas nang balikat ko. Mag ta-tanong nalang mang ha-hampas pa!

Tumango ako bago mag salita muli, "15 hours shift ko, ngayon rin ako mag su-surgery kaya kabado" Ngising saad ko

"Naks bumabawi si prof. Gev ah, baka hiwalay na sila ni Amariya?" Natatawang sabi ni Mae sakin.

"Una na ako, good luck" Ani mae, sabay tapik sa akin bago ako iwan

I got to work and immediately got ready for my surgery. I made sure everything was in its proper place, cleaned and sterilized everything I would need for the surgery, and then took the patient's full history to make sure I had all the necessary information.

By the time I was ready to begin the surgery, I had double checked everything and made sure I was completely prepared. It was a fairly straightforward procedure, but it still required my full attention and focus.

After a few hours of carefully performing the surgery, I was satisfied that it had gone smoothly and I had done my best work.

Once the surgery was over, I made sure to clean up and disinfect the area properly before bandaging it up and taking notes for the patient's official record.

Nag hintay ako nang ilang oras bago mag ka malay ang pasyente ko, kaagad ko naman itong tinanong na may mga ngiti sa labi ko.

"How are you feeling?" I asked the patient.

"I feel a little sore but I'm okay." She replied.

"Good, you're doing well." I said with a smile. "The procedure I performed was a success and I think we'll be able to get you out of here soon."

"That's good to hear," the patient responded. "How soon do you think I'll be able to leave?"

"I'm hoping within the next couple of days, but it depends on how fast your healing process goes." I said, maintaining the positive and reassuring tone of my previous reply.

"That's not too bad." She said "Can you tell me a bit more about what you did?"

"Of course," I replied. "I performed a laparoscopic cholecystectomy, which is the surgical removal of the gallbladder."