CHAPTER 34

I was at the point of leaving, I was so fed up with this family, their lies and their secrets.
But deep inside, I knew I was too weak to actually do it. I loved them, I loved them so much even if they were hurting me.

I needed to figure out a way to get the truth out of them.

Napaka lalim nang mga buntong hininga na binitawan ko bago mag salita muli

"Where's mom?" I asked, my voice still shaking from anger.

Nanatili siyang tahimik muli, ngayon ay nakikita ko ang kanyang mga labi na bahagyang nanginginig.

"Please,Just tell me." I begged her, tears welling up in my eyes. She was still unable to look at me, her eyes downcast as she tried to contain her own tears.

"Calista..." She finally said, taking my hands in her own.

"Just tell me." I insisted, my voice now full of desperation.

She shook her head slightly, as if she was trying to gather the courage to say what she had to say.

"Please..."

She hadn't yet said what she wanted to say when my cellphone rang. Hearing my phone ringing, I quickly reached for it and checked who the call was from. "It's Avy."

Nang sagutin ko ang cellphone ko nararamdaman ko ang pagtibok ng puso ko na tila lumalabas sa aking dibdib. Matagal ko nang hinihintay ang kanyang tawag sa loob ng ilang araw.

"Calista, where are you?" She asked, his voice full of concern.

"I'm at home." I replied, trying to keep my voice calm and steady.

"Na-locate na si Tita Vivianne" She said

Hearing those words, my heart skipped a beat. "Where... Where is she?" I asked, hoping that the information she gave was true.

"Her location just popped up, she's currently at the airport"

"Pero bakit siya u-uwi kung alam niya na may consequences 'yung mga ginawa niya?!"

"She doesn't care, she probably thinks she can pay her way out of all this. As long as she has money, she thinks she can get away with everything." Saad ni Avery, hindi ko na namamalayan ang sarili ko na nakalabas na pala ako sa mansion.

"She's wrong," I replied, finally starting to feel the anger rise up inside me again.

"Money can't buy her way out of this," Dagdag ko pa sakaniya.

"I won't let her, don't worry mag re-request agad ako nang arrest warrant"

"Mag re-request? paano kapag naka alis na siya? ano ia-approve lang nila kung kailan wala na? kung kailan naka takas na? dàmn it!"

"Kailangan ko mahanap ang anak ko, naiintindihan niyo ba 'yon?"

"Calista, huminahon ka muna"

"No.."

Ibinaba ko agad ang cellphone ko. Pumasok ako sa mansion at kinuha ang bag ko.

"Honey--"

"Stop calling me that" Pinanlisikan ko muna ito nang mata bago lumabas.

"Where are you going!" She shouted after me as I rushed out the door, not waiting for an answer.

I was too enraged to even look at her right now, I couldn't believe she had the sheer audacity to call me "honey" when she had just crushed my heart.