34: Furtive

Authors pov: 

he smiles as he scroll the news article that's headline is trending on social media along with the picture that taehyung has saved in his gallery and re-read the the headline 'Model and actor kim taehyung reportedly dating south korea's  most wanted young CEO Jeon jungkook' 

his smiles falter as new messages pop on his screen and he doesn't delays and opens it.

"I heard some news about you and Jungkook, i am happy for you. I have something I've kept safe for many years, and I believe it's finally time to return it to you – it rightfully belongs to you.Consider it a long-lost piece of your past. Meet me today at 6 PM at the 7 Mirror Hotel"

A shiver ran down Taehyung's spine as he closed his phone with a snap. He sprang to his feet and began pacing the confines of his room, a whirlwind of emotions churning within him.

There was a deep-seated loathing for this man, this enigmatic figure who played a major role in his past. Yet, beneath the anger lurked a flicker of... dependence? This man held the key to so many missing pieces, the very fragments Taehyung had long given up hope of finding. Now, here he was, dangling a new puzzle piece, tempting him further down the rabbit hole..taehyung can never hate him---he can never.

A part of Taehyung recoiled at the thought of the meeting. It felt clandestine, a betrayal of sorts to keep it from Jungkook. but the man had a proven track record of unearthing truths Taehyung could never have discovered alone.

Heaving a sigh, Taehyung squeezed his eyes shut. The weight of the unknown pressed down on him, but an insatiable curiosity gnawed at his insides. He had to know. He had to see this through. With a steely resolve born of anticipation, Taehyung made his decision. He would go, and he would face whatever mystery awaited him, even if it meant doing so without Jungkook by his side yet he would spill all his past to his love today no matter what.

A quick glance at his watch confirmed it was 5 pm – Jeongguk wouldn't be back until 8 from his meeting. Taehyung let out a sigh but wasted no time. He threw on a random shirt and baggy pants before rushing to the living room to call Yeonjun.

"What's the emergency? You scared the living daylights out of me!, i thought something has happened to you" Yeonjun gasped, catching his breath as Taehyung practically ran into him.

"with this assumption ,Did you call Jeongguk?" Taehyung blurted, a flicker of terror crossing his face. Relief washed over him when Yeonjun shook his head. Taehyung patted his back playfully. "Thank goodness. I'm glad you haven't lost your marbles yet." he tries hard to conceal all the whirlwind running in his body

Yeonjun, momentarily forgetting to breathe, placed a hand on his hip as Taehyung sheepishly offered a smile. "Excuse me? What was that crack about marbles?" he questioned, clearly offended. Taehyung shrugged nonchalantly, there is no yeonjun would not make any blunder at this point.

"Okay, okay, so I did tell Soobin to come over," Yeonjun admitted, offering an awkward smile. "He should be here any minute, and I'm not sure if he called Jeongguk hyung..." He trailed off, his shrug mirroring Taehyung's earlier gesture.

Taehyung's eyes widened before he could say another word. The door swung open with a bang, revealing a breathless Soobin. Yeonjun gulped under Taehyung's glare.

"Soobin, did you call your hyung?" Taehyung mirrored his earlier question, collapsing onto the couch with a sigh of relief when Soobin shook his head.

"God, Yeonjun, you're going to be the death of me!" Taehyung exclaimed, his voice laced with frustration. The young manager pouted, while Soobin quickly came to his defense.