Chapter 27- She's Home/Godfather

*6 Hours Later*

(Richard's POV)

It has been some very anxious few hours but Luna finally got the all clear from the hospital; she has sustained injuries but not major and the main concerns have circuited around her sleep paralysis and the huge amount of weight that she has lost over the last month.

Her current weight is around 5 stone at this moment in time which psychically made me sick knowing my babygirl weights so little but we have spoken with the doctor and are beginning an eating plan to slowly increase her weight once again.

We have discussed about her sleep paralysis medication and have made the decision for Luna to begin the last medication she was on and continue on one pill a day in order to keep it at bay.

I have also been questioned by police and whilst I know there is a long road ahead of me in order to gain full custody of Luna; the police have granted permission for Luna to come home with me for tonight until a decision can be made of whether Luna should be temporarily placed within a children's home or not.

Lorraine also has to be questioned and proper court proceedings need to take place to determine which parent Luna will be safe with for the long term.

Words can't even describe what hatred I feel towards my ex-wife right now; I always knew she suffered from psychological issues but I had no idea she was capable of kidnapping our only daughter and imprisoning her in a basement and starving her to death.

Currently I am in Till's car in the backseat with Luna sat next to me, gazing out of the window as Till drove us back home.

"Are you alright Lu" Till asked looking through his mirror "I'm ok Till" she smiled soft before leaning over and rested her head upon my lap, closing her eyes in the process.

"You're safe baby" I stroked her forehead realising that Luna still felt secure and safe with me despite what she has endured this last month.

We soon arrived home and I quickly got out of the car to unlock the front door and immediately wanting Luna to start feeling safe at home once again.

"Do you want something to eat babygirl or a brew" Till asked as he walked into the house with Luna next to him "no thanks; can I just go to bed" she asked softly "of course you can" I smiled before planting my lips to her forehead.

Luna smiled at me and walked upstairs leaving me and Till to ponder about what is really going through her head right now.

"I can't believe how shut down she is" I sighed at Till before walking towards the kitchen to make some brews "she'll open up to us when she's ready; I think right now she's probably just processing what she has endured" Till explained as he stood next to me as I started to make some brews "I know; I just need to wait and be patient with her" I smiled at Till.

"Do you want me to stay or go home, up to you" Till asked as I passed him a brew "I don't mind; ask Luna and see what she wants" I smiled before I proceeded to walk upstairs with 2 brews in my hand.

I know she said she didn't want one but I want her to know that the offer is there and she doesn't have to be afraid of asking for things.

Honestly, I'm not sure how open she is going to be with me but I want her to always know that she never ever has to be afraid of me, Till or the rest of us; we are her family.

"Luna girl" I knocked upon her door gently before walking into her room, seeing her sat upon her bed cuddling her spider teddy Till got her.

"I know you said no to one but the offer is here" I smiled walking towards her and placed the brew upon her bedside drawer before sitting next to her "thanks Dad" she smiled at me and I saw a tiny spark of happiness within her eyes as she rested her head upon my right arm.