Chapter 8- Drinking For Reasons

(Richard's POV)

I had been driving round the streets of Berlin for hours and hours; I never realised how beautiful Berlin was until now. 

Luna had been crying for a good few hours and I don't blame her; her mother betrayed and abused her, my poor daughter. 

Luna finally cried herself to sleep and she's been asleep ever since, I fear what she was dreaming of if I'm honest. 

I finally drove home and parked my car in my drive, I guess Luna isn't going to wake up anytime soon, I'll be fine on the couch. 

I got out of my car and picked Luna up, walking into the home. 

I walked upstairs once I unlocked the door and went into my bedroom, gently placing Luna down beneath the duvet covers. 

I sat on the bed and caressed her left cheek where her mother hit her, ouch it looks painful.

I pulled her shoes off and managed to get her jacket off, only realising she had my 'Pantera' shirt on.

"Oh Luna you cheeky git" I laughed quietly as I wrapped her more in the covers. 

I might be laughing but my heart has been shattered because of today, not only has my daughter been betrayed but I have too. 

I kissed my daughter on her forehead and left my room silently and headed downstairs to my liquor cupboard in my kitchen. 

I pulled out one of the many whiskey bottles I own and poured some in a glass I had on my island in the kitchen. 

I took a sharp gulp and exhaled shaky like I was fearing something. 

I shook my head and walked downstairs to my studio in my basement. 

I grabbed one of my acoustic guitars and started strumming it.

"I brought a child into this world many years ago; I promised I would protect her with every inch of my body; she is a light I needed in my dark world so I could see" I continued strumming, letting my mind wonder. 

After working for half an hour, I stopped because my eyes were growing heavy in sleep. 

By now I was already a little drunk and I was starting to remember the whole reason I began to drink years ago.

I know I'm never gonna the reason I want so I started drinking to make me forget but after a few years, it got bad and that's how I became an alcoholic.

Fearing it was going to distress me, I left my studio and went upstairs to my living room to see Luna distressed.

"Baby, are you okay" I asked sitting on the couch next to her "no, I'm scared" she sobbed "hey its okay Luna; nothing is gonna harm you while I'm around" I kissed her head softly.

"Dad, will you stay in bed with me, just so I know I'm protected" she smiled I smiled down at her and picked her up bridal style. 

I entered my room and gently placed Luna beneath the covers and wrapped her up warm. 

I stripped to my shirt and boxers and slid into bed and wrapped my arms protectively around Luna.

"I love you, dad" Luna smiled into my chest "I love you too, babygirl" I kissed her head and sleep took over us.

A/N  so what's Richard's reason that he began drinking, will he get  it when he least expects it; find out soon.