Chapter 11: Old Photos And Memories

The ad certainly was a hit, at least in comparison to the interview. Charlie was shocked to see demons seemed to be taking the idea seriously after the commercial and while nobody had shown up, she had seen demons eyeing the hotel with interest. Some people were talking positively about the hotel, which considering how they bombed the last show they were on, was a huge improvement.

Alastor and Vaggie still held their distrust of Vox, however they'd be lying by saying Vox hadn't made himself useful. Alastor didn't like Vox being his business, but seeing as the more people who saw the hotel and actually considered joining meant more entertainment for him, he didn't complain too much.

Besides, he and Charlie could always do their business privately, so this wasn't an issue.

Vaggie still didn't trust Vox's intentions, feeling something else was at play,but as long as he played nice, she was unable to do much of anything, especially considering how superior he was in terms of strength. All she could really do was give him looks and pointlessly threaten him with her spear.

Besides, Vox did seem genuinely grateful that Charlie saved him, overlord or not, Vox did seem to value his word as long as you aided him in return.

And thus, things started to go smoothly. Vox was helping out with the hotel and for an overlord, was not acting like a complete jerk for the most part. The rest of the staff was still getting used to Vox's presence, and while it was a bit far to say that they trusted him, they were beginning to slowly lower their guard around him.

Charlie had to admit, she didn't expect things to go this well when Vox showed up, but apparently allowing him to stay was the correct decision despite the backlash she had received from the other residents.

Still, weeks progressed, Vox had eventually managed to stay over at the hotel for over an entire month and he had no plans on leaving. Charlie was ecstatic of course, as this was a good thing in her book.

After finishing an errand with Alastor, Charlie was as happy as can be. With Alastor and Vox's assistance, the hotel had a much better reputation and they had gotten better advertisement. Compared to how the interview went, things were going stellar.

"Phew! That went well! Things are already looking up!" If things kept up, they might fully regain their reputation sooner or later and she wouldn't be seen as a laughing stock!

At the moment most demons had gone to their rooms, busy with their own things for the most part.

As Charlie walked past the counter, she noticed a phone had been left on the table. It didn't seem to resemble any phone that she recognized or seen anyone use. It must've belonged to Vox, as she had seen everyone else's phone(Alastor didn't have one for obvious reasons) and the phone didn't look anything like the ones she had seen. It looked more expensive and up to date compared to the ones she had seen the others use.

'I know I shouldn't but….its not like Vox is here. I'm sure he won't mind me taking a little peek, right?'

She saw a picture of a large hammerhead shark that towered over most demons. The shark was light blue with a white underbelly. They had huge beady eyes and sharp teeth. She saw an entire tab had been created around the shark on Vox's phone as well.

Aww...that shark looks so cute! I wanna pet him! What a cutie!' The shark gave Fat-Nuggets a run for his money in terms of cuteness. She was pretty cooing and squealing over it, not noticing Vox was standing right behind her with an irritated look on his face.

"Ahem."

"Hm? Oh hiiiiiii Vox, whatcha doing here? I totally wasn't looking snooping through your phone or anything…"