Chapter 38: Leaving The Past Behind

Charlie sighed as she relaxed on the couch. She had just bid goodbye to her friends in heaven and returned to the hotel. She was certain she'd see them again, but she didn't want to stray from the hotel too long.

It wasn't that big of a deal, she'd just fly her way to heaven to visit them once she was certain things were going swell. Razzle and Dazzle could defend the place while she was away.

And now that she and Vox-I mean Vincent were a thing, she'd be waiting for the week to pass so they could visit each other. Sooner or later she'd probably request her uncle to make some type of wifi system where she could communicate with him and the others while she was away.

Suddenly there was a knock at the door.

"Hm? A new patron already? That was quicker than I expected. Better go see who it could be."

When she opened the door, she nearly fell over. Velvet, Helsa and Vark were standing there. The people she least expected had showed up at her hotel.

Fuck!' She was so tempted to shut the door in their faces, the only reason she didn't was because she had the feeling they'd bust it open, leaving another expense to fix. She nervously looked around, hoping there was nobody else that could cause trouble for her.

"Charlie, we're not going to wreck your stupid hotel," Helsa said,"Look this place may look like garbage, but it'd be a waste of time to tear it down. I'm not breaking a nail over this stupid shack of yours."

"Besides, we still need this place."

"For what?"

"Are you serious?" Velvet asked,"You just got your entire team up in heaven and you're asking why we're here? We're going to heaven too, and you're gonna let us into this stupid hotel."

"One, my hotel isn't stupid, second of all, why do you guys want to go to heaven in the first place?" She was wary of letting Velvet in mainly, she knew how much the doll demon hated her for 'tearing their family apart' so to speak.

"What do you think? Sevi got into heaven and I'm following after him. And the circus freak says that since Vox is up there she wants to go as well."

One, my hotel isn't stupid, second of all, why do you guys want to go to heaven in the first place?" She was wary of letting Velvet in mainly, she knew how much the doll demon hated her for 'tearing their family apart' so to speak.

"What do you think? Sevi got into heaven and I'm following after him. And the circus freak says that since Vox is up there she wants to go as well."

Charlie narrowed her eyes,"I thought you and Seviathan weren't close…" They weren't exactly the closest pair of siblings out there, usually doing their own things.

"We aren't. But Sevi just ascended into another plan of existence and that doesn't sit right with me...No offense, but I refuse to stay in this god awful pit while Seviathan gets to dance in the clouds with rainbows and unicorns. If he thinks he can enjoy paradise without me he's got another thing coming."

Yeah, Charlie could buy that. They weren't close, but the idea of your brother literally going to another realm and goofing off with others while you got stuck in Hell didn't sound all too nice.

"I see...So did Bethesda and Frederick take this well."

"Obviously not. They think I'm 'weak' and 'sentimental' for wanting to go along with this damn program and they pretty much disowned me. This place seems cheap and I plan on ascending asp, so I wont be here long."

Charlie nodded."And you, Velvet?"

"Varky wants to join Vox in the big leagues and I gotta put myself up so I can take him with me." Velvet said flatly,"Not like I wanna, but hell has gotten stale over the years. This place took everything I cared for away, cause now I ain't got no friends and everyone thinks I'm nuts."