Chapter 21: If Only You Knew

Many months had passed since that day.

Cherri was now a recognized member of the hotel. Since dropping her title as a fighter, her territory was claimed by Pentious as expected. She was a bit disappointed she had to at first, but now that she was with Angel, it made the blow less severe.

Cherri soon found a new job as a scientist. You may ask, why the hell Cherri of all demons is a scientist, but the answer is simple. She likes to blow things up and since she can't damage property while under the lease of the hotel, doing it legally was the easiest option and you can't beat being paid to blow shit it up!

Angel Dust ended up finding a career in fashion, as there was always a need for clothes. He managed to find one unaffiliated with Valentino that allowed him to create clothing for demons. There was plenty to do, given most demons had to have specific outfits made for them due to having multiple appendages and different sizes.

Sure, he wasn't the one modeling, which Angel disliked at times, but it beat having Val as his boss. His new boss was some chick who he didn't know, she was a bit strict but it was nothing to what Angel was used to, so he was fine with her.

Vox and Alastor were helping the hotel gain coverage and keep a positive reputation, though their ways of doing it were rather different as they didn't' see eye to eye, Charlie always made sure to calm down any arguments between the two and try to appease them both when possible, knowing that the two still weren't friends.

At best they were acquaintances, but the relationship was still rather rough. Thankfully Charlie managed to make them at least get along for the time being.

Niffty kept up her cleaning, and was slowly learning to be less judgy of people when it came to their messes. And Husk was still cutting back on his alcohol consumption, to the point he barely drank. The gambling was something he and Charlie were working on, but it was a start.

Vaggie was managing her anger, and while she still had a temper, she wasn't as quick to pull out a weapon or threaten violence.

By now, it was approaching extermination. Demons of all shapes and sizes were readying themselves for the yearly massacre of which the population would be targeted.

The hotel was no exception, as the residents were preparing the hotel to make sure no exterminators got any funny ideas by putting up barricades. The hotel did look somewhat run-down, so it would discourage them from entering.

Vox had finished barricading his side of the room, having helped Cherri and Angel with their windows. Vox wasn't used to this type of prep, as Valentino had specifically designed windows and precautions back at the Studio installed by lower demons to protect them from exterminators who might wanna try breaking in.

Now he was the one helping with the prep, as even Alastor was helping barricading the hotel with the help of his shadow minions. By now, the hotel was pretty much secure and everything was ready to go.

"Alright everyone, have we got all the rooms down?"

"Course. Everything's ready to go. Right Cherri?"

"Yup!"

"You got your side Vox?"

"Yes. I barricaded everything."

"Alastor?"

"Affirmative! Me and my shadow got everything under control! Not a thing out of place!"

"Husk? Niffty?"

"Yeah…"

"Mhm!"

"Wonderful. Extermination is tomorrow. We should remain inside at all times. Safety first. Got it?"