Chapter 37: The Unexpected Meeting

Back in hell, the broadcast had reached everyone. They had seen everything from the beginning, to where Charlie and Vincent kissed, at which point, the broadcast came to a close….

Demons across hell were now in awe, all the members of the hotel had ascended. Charlie's passion project had been a total success, much to the shock of everyone in the pit...Certain demons began clapping, applauding the efforts Charlie made despite formerly disagreeing with them.

Velvet still stared in awe, gazing at the TV with a gaping mouth. She couldn't believe it. Vox...no Vincent, had made it to heaven.

He fucking did it.

Vincent managed to do what was thought to be impossible, and alongside Alastor, were the first overlords to ascend(Seviathan was the son of an overlord but wasn't one himself). Vox gave up his overlord title, his riches and demonic form in exchange for paradise.

And he looked so happy….

Velvet clenched her fist, the doll-demoness's eyes filled with betrayal and hurt. The Vox she knew would've never done this, would've scoffed at the idea of redemption...probably would've laughed inside her at the notion of change with Val…

Velvet lowered her head. Everyone she knew was gone. Val and Vox were the only ones she considered friends.

And look how that turned was killed by Vox of all people, tearing up any friendship they ever had. Vox sided with that hotel and now it got him into the big leagues...Things had changed so much and Velvet was left behind in the dust amidst all the chaos.

"So that's it."

Vark blinked, having watched the broadcast with a crestfallen expression.

"He left us Varky...Didn't even bother directly saying goodbye to us. He's probably forgotten about us now. And look at him." She grabbed the remote replaying the moment with Vincent and Charlie, dryly laughing to herself,"And why wouldn't he be happy? He's the stupid little princess as his lover now! And that ain't all, he got all his brand her friends up there, all while he leaves us behind…"

Vark lowered his head.

"And that ain't even the best part! Now, Vox is IN AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT REALM, meaning we ain't ever gonna see him ever again! All because that STUPID princess and her STUPID hotel! It tore our perfect little family apart! It's all her fault that we're stuck down here with no one!"

Velvet growled before tossing a knife at Charlie's picture."Its all her fucking fault! She ruined EVERYTHING! And now, we'll never see Vox again! She ruined our damn family and she's already got her happy ending! Meanwhile we're stuck down here to rot!"

Vark looked back at the TV and whined, pointing at Charlie.

"Yeah Vark, I'm aware. She's the reason we're stuck here in this situation, no need to rub it in."

Vark suddenly grabbed the remote and played back a picture of the Happy Hotel and pointed.

"Its just that stupid hotel. What about it?"

Vark began making noises, and while Velvet didn't speak shark, she figured out what Vark was trying to say by his mannerisms.

"No. We ain't going to that stupid hotel, are you crazy? Why would they ever want me there? Sounds like a waste of time."

Vark began whining again.

"Varky, come on. I get it, ya miss Vox, but Hell is our home ain't it?"

Vark shook his head. Hell didn't feel the same without Vox, and now that he was up in heaven, Vark wanted to follow soon after.