chapter 72 tears of a diamond

The warp activated, and there stood Steven, holding his nervous father by the hand. Greg turned to steven and asked, "are you sure this will work, I'm very sure she'll eat me when she sees me", Steven stepped off the warp pad and began taking him to blue diamond, "you're our last hope", he said, slightly dragging his shaking father, "you're the only person who'll be able to help her.

Blue was now sleeping, yellow watched over her and made sure pink wasn't moving in her bubble lightly kicking her to shock her some more, it was very fun to do that.she heard the warp and turned around, waiting for steven and moving away from blue to give her some peace. "Alright! This is who can help us!", Steven called, showing yellow greg who looked up to her scared, "heyyyyy you must be yellow diamond", he awkwardly greeted her, "im greg universe, Steven's father", yellow's eyes widened and she looked at Steven in shock, "this is your father!?", she asked in disgust, turning to blue then looking to Greg.

"Dad and mum are very close, they used to talk about really personal stuff all the time", Steven explained, yellow didn't believe this, it was obvious by her eye rolling, to her, only she was the one who could truly understand blue and no one in the entire galaxy was closer to her than she was. "mum said he was the only one who truly understood her, maybe he can help her return back to her normal form or at least calm her down more", Steven continued, turning to look at his mother who he could see over a hill, she was still covered by her cloak and seemed to be sleeping.

"I'm not sure", yellow looked down at greg once again, he gave her a little wave, "If my powers and yours didn't work, what could this human do?", she smirked at greg, fighting the urge to laugh out loud at the idea of this small human being able to do anything to a diamond. Steven huffed, "well can you at least let him try?", "very well, but I'll be sitting near by in case it makes the entire thing much worse", yellow looked over to the hill where blue was, picked up greg and dropped him over it, she and steven stayed behind the hill and watched closely as greg made his way to her.

"This won't work", yellow whispered to steven, "I think he'll anger her and make her become violent again", Steven ignored this, he had hope his father will be able to save the day, he'd seen similar things happen before when his mother would be having a meltdown, it was always greg who calmed her down, pearl would always tell him stories of times she'd become very destructive and only he could make her return to a peaceful state.

Greg stood in front of blue and took a deep breath, "h-hey there", he nervously said, she looked up at him, her cloak slightly moving and revealing her dragon like face and sharp horns, she growled at him. "Erm... listen i, I came here because I was getting worried about you", he struggled to maintain eyecontact, the way she stared down at him terrfied him, "you seemed so upset back there, and steven said you needed me", blue looked to the direction of the hill and saw Steven's head poke up, she then turned back to Greg and made another growl sound, this time sounding less angry. "I just want to say.....", greg paused for a moment, he fixed his posture and looked straight into Blue's eyes, "I'm sorry!".

Even blue herself seemed to be shocked by this, eventhough she was in her corrupted state, she made a slight gasp sound when hearing greg apologise. "What's he saying back there?", yellow whispered to steven as he looked over the hill at them, she kept her hands near her gem, ready to summon her weapon in case greg angered blue. "im not sure, I can't hear him, but mum doesn't seem to be mad," Steven replied, using some old binoculars he stole from his dad's van to watch them.

"I'm sorry for not telling you about rose, about everything", greg moved to blue's face and tried to hug her, only really being able to touch her mouth, "I'm so sorry for hurting you and steven, I never meant this", seeing blue wasn't angered by his hug he started to climb up her face, reaching her nose and in-between her eyes. "WHAT THE!?", Steven exclaimed, dropping the binoculars and getting yellows attention, "what Is he doing! Does that damn human want to die!?", yellow yelled, preparing to jump over the hill and drag greg away from blue.

"Blue-blue, I turned you into this, this is all My fault, both me and rose..no me and pink diamond, hurt you so much, I'm sorry, you're not a monster like this, I made you become this", greg felt tears form in his eyes, he was giving blue the most heartfelt apology he could possibly give, putting everything into it. He touched in-between her eyes and gave her a small kiss there, whispering something he'd used to always tell blue when she was sad, "if every porkchop were perfect, we wouldn't have hotdogs", she never knew what it meant but it would always cheer her up.

Greg closed his eyes and held onto her face. He opened his eyes only when he could hear something, crying, blue was crying, very loudly. Yellow picked steven up and climbed over the hill, only to immediately be hit by Blue's aura and fall to he knees, nearly dropping steven who had to summon his wings to balance himself. Greg took some steps back to avoid the giant tears, "it's ok, it's ok blue-blue", Greg comforted her as she cried more and more, starting to move her head back into the cloak and hide it, causing greg to fall off her head and hit the ground.

Blue cried under the cloak for about 5 whole minutes until she went completely silent, her aura suddenly stopping along with it, her form seeming to shrink under the cloak. Steven flew off yellow's hands and landed on the floor near her, "m-mum?", he called, he could see white hair slightly poking out from the cloak, yellow diamond also noticed it and gasped, she picked up blue in the cloak and carried her to her ship, bringing pink too. "blue must rest, in my ship, Steven you can come with me, bring your gems....and your father too", she turned to Mr universe who winked at her, "and to you, father of steven, thank you".