chapter 98 lord paragon

Steven took a deep breath as be followed his mother outside, pearl stood behind him, they kept quiet but he wanted to ask her so many things, he was panicking but tried to keep a straight face. They where going to be meeting yellow by paragon's footprints, she'd already been leading prayers since the holy day started, millions of gems have been coming and going to this site all day, some have been here since the morning.

Yellow stood in front of the footprints and blue stood next to her, steven nervously stood next to blue, the Pearls both went to the front of the crowd. Yellow looked out at the crowd and cleared her throat, at this time, the very middle of the day, it was the most crowded for prayers, there was about 20 million gems surrounding them, at this time it became tradition for diamonds to do speeches before leading the prayer.

"Greetings gems of homeworld on this sacred day of kankamankla", yellow began, Steven gulped, just before he stood up to face all these gems blue told him he had to also make a speech to them all, he watched yellow carefully to see if he could use her as any sort of inspiration. "This kankamankla is a very special one, possibly more special than the many kankamanklas we have had throughout all of homeworld as you may know we have welcomed a new diamond and with this a new era! Era 3!", yellow exclaimed, the entire crowd erupted in praise, gems chanting the name "STEVEN DIAMOND! STEVEN DIAMOND!", over and over again, steven didn't know it this was the greatest or most uncomfortable moment of his life, he just nervously nodded along while his mother looked at him with a proud smile.

Yellow's speech seemed to have gotten the attention of a certain gem, as soon as she finished her speech the familar sphere from white diamond's ship appeared and landed in between them, Steven flinched and stood behind his mother, yellow tried to hide her annoyance, she was just about to start her prayer. The sphere opened and there stood White's zombie pearl, her face frozen in a terrfied smile, the crowd went silent, and scared.

"On this kankamankla white diamond has a message for all you gems", the pearl spoke, but it still wasn't her voice, it was white speaking through her, it looked so unnatural. "White diamond, the Lord paragon herself will sadly not be attending this kankamankla but is very pleased you're still praising her", she summoned another sphere around her and moved to the top of the highest building, overlooking the crowd, "in her place I'll be watching you all and making sure you're saying your prayers, don't forget to praise Lord paragon!", the diamonds all nervously looked back at her then continued, blue stepped forward and begun her speech, yellow was shocked blue even planned one, these last two kankamanklas only yellow had done the speeches.

"To all gems coming back to homeworld to celebrate kankamankla and all those who have stopped your hard work to come to this sacred site, I hope you all receive blessings from Lord paragon in This new era 3", blue's speech was said quickly, she was obviously very nervous with white watching her, she now gestured to steven to begin his speech. Steven was frozen from hearing what white pearl said, white diamond was calling herself paragon! This confused him so much, but he tried to hide that on his face, he bravely stepped out and looked at the giant crowd, all of them looking at him, he could see the jasper who took ruby, she had been here all day. He gulped and begun his very small, unplanned speech, sweat running down his face and his hands shaking.

"H-hello all of homeworld, I am S-steven diamond universe, your new leader", he began, he was terrfied and it was very noticeable, the fact White's pearl was watching over him with a terrifying smile was making it worse. "I hope you are all happy on this holy day, I hope all your wishes come true and i-erm...", he studdered, now panicking and trying to find the right words to say as all the gems closely watched him, "I hope I can make era 3 the best era for all gems and make homeworld super duper strong!", he blurted out, very quickly and quite incoherent, the crowd was silent, then erupted into praise, yellow and blue smiled back at him, "you're doing great", blue whispered to him, when the crowd calmed down it was finally time to pray.

Steven, blue and yellow stood with their backs to the crowd, facing the two giant footprints, White's pearl didn't move, she was stuck in that position, her arms raised in a w like shape, she instead teleported back to the ship. The gems all bowed their heads and crossed their arms, all of them nearly doing it at the same time, the gems in other buildings and near by joined in with the prayer, all of homeworld was silent at this time. The gems then moved their hands to their foreheads then their knees very quickly, Steven was quite slow at this, it was really embarrassing but no one thankfully could see.

The final step of the prayer was now here, all the gems kneeled down and bowed their heads to the ground, this was the best part of the prayer as you could stay for as long as you wanted and think about anything. Steven used this to wonder about white diamond, what her pearl had said stuck with him, maybe too much, he tried to think of happy thoughts with connie again but could only think of white diamond, she scared him so much. He looked over to his mother, keeping his head bowed and making sure no one saw he wasnt actually praying. After about ten seconds some gems started to leave and end their prayers but most stayed, Steven saw this as a chance to try and speak with his mother.

"Mum?, mum?", he sent a thought to her, she responded, "what? Are you fake praying?", she sounded angry, he was already regretting it, "oh-sorry no, its just why did White's pearl call her paragon? Is she paragon?", "I'll tell you after!", blue snapped back at him, after that steven went back to praying, he didn't want to make blue even angrier, he kept his head on the ground and his eyes closed, trying not to move.

It had probably been over ten minutes now and steven was the first diamond to end his prayer, he got up and saw pearl standing behind him, most gems had stopped by now. "great work, my steven, would you like to go back to the palace now? I've been waiting for you", she said, her voice as soft as ever, "I won't go now", Steven responded, turning to look back at blue and yellow, "i gotta wait for mum and aunt yellow to be done!", pearl shook her head, "they'll be here for hours, its better you go to blue diamond's Palace", Steven looked back at the still praying diamonds, shocked, "they do it for that long!?", he exclaimed, "well bye guys I guess!", he started to follow after pearl, waving back at his family, "make sure to talk to me when you get back mum!"