chapter 84 homeworld welcomes steven

"STEVEN! WAKE UP!", lapis yelled, violently shaking awake steven who was sleeping on his mother's bed again. "Ugh...lapis? What is it?", Steven asked, yawning loudly and covering his eyes from the bright lights of his mother's room and sitting up on her giant bed. "We will be at homeworld very soon!", her voice had calmed a bit now that Steven had woke up but still sounded very worried. "Yellow diamond said you should try and dress your best for when you get there", she told him, she knew that would wake him up much quicker than all her shaking could do.

After steven heard this he immediately jumped out of bed, he was able to find his mother's Cape that she had gave him and put it on at a unbelievably quick speed, he wanted to look as diamond like as possible. He spent a little over half an hour combing his hair to see what style was the most "diamond like" and practising all sorts of poses he found to be cool in the mirror. After he was ready and had prepared all the cool poses he'd be doing to show to all the gems, he then woke up Connie and her parents.

"Alright, I gotta make a good impression to all of homeworld as their new Prince what do you think?", he asked the maheswarans, showing off his dark blue Cape, spinning around for them and showing how he looked with his hood off and on. "I say you look pretty handsome, Prince Steven", Connie giggled, making steven blush heavily and cover his face with his hood completely. "I think the socks and sandals aren't very royal", doug laughed, making steven slightly angry. priyanka just looked away, refusing to believe she was actually getting herself involved in something she found to be so ridiculous.

Steven walked to ship's control room with lapis and the maheswarans behind him, he tried to walk as confidently as possible, with his head high and arms crossed, he had learned this from yellow, but unlike her he didnt look intimidating at all, instead he looked adorable. Blue diamond sat at her control room, counting down the now minutes they'd be home, she didnt even notice steven walking in, her pearl stood next to her throne, she gave steven a small smile when she saw him approach, her smile faded when she saw the maheswarans where also there. Holly blue was looking out the windows, waiting to get a glimpse of her home, "oh how I've missed my beautiful homeworld", she whispered to herself, "it's much better than that disgusting old zoo filled with those amethysts".

Lapis approached pearl and tried to speak with her, while steven went off to find amethyst, leaving connie and her family to look out the windows, they could see yellow's ship next to their's, flying at equal speed. "So we are finally getting there, to homeworld", lapis said, trying to make small talk, pearl didn't answer, instead she just looked up to her diamond. "whats gotten into you?", lapis asked now louder and slightly offended, "nothing", pearl replied, a bit of anger could be heard in her quiet voice. "You sure? you seem to have been drained of all emotion! like you went back to being the stereotypical pearl!", lapis was now fighting the urge to yell but didn't want blue to notice, in case it angered her that she was speaking to her pearl like that, and lapis and everyone on that ship knew an angry blue diamond was big trouble and a terrible situation for anyone.

Steven extiedly pulled amethyst by the arm to the control room, "Jeez we are finally here? And not nearly there like you've been saying forever?", she huffed as he pulled her to the windows, "I hope they have food here I've been craving a burger for ages!", holly blue's face dropped when she saw amethyst appear in the reflection of the windows, she wanted to yell at her but then, suddenly a beeping could be heard from one of blue's screens.

every gem besides amethyst recognised this sound, Pearl and lapis immediately stopped speaking and looked up towards blue diamond, holly blue also turned away from the window, her face was the happiest anyone had seen her. "Well everyone", blue said, getting up from her throne and stretching her back, "We're here", she walked to the windows and watched as they quickly approached a white planet.

"That's homeworld!?", Steven asked, sticking his face to the glass, his excitement fading as he saw the state of his other home. Unlike the earth that was green and blue and full of life with vast oceans and forests, this planet was colourless, it looked almost dead. It was broken into pieces with huge cracks in the middle and two giant rings surrounding it, it looked like a mess, with giant holes covering it's surface.

He tried to hide his fading happiness as everyone else was overjoyed by seeing homeworld, holly blue was even crying because of it, even blue diamond who was worried before was now smiling as she watched them get closer. Yellow's ship flew to the middle of the planet and blue quickly got back in her seat and flew after her, as the flew into homeworld, she made all the windows dissappear then finally landed, laying the arm straight on a high blue building over looking homeworld's main and capital city.

"I'm finally back home", lapis whispered to herself, she then turned to blue diamond and saluted her, "my diamond, you said it changed so much since I was there, what should I expect?", she asked blue who was just getting ready to take everyone out. Blue sighed before she spoke, she knew her answer would hurt lapis but she must say the truth "everything will be different, I don't want to say this but I know you will struggle", blue replied, her pearl stood next to her, staring at lapis.