chapter 76 the first colony

"So if mum never took over sankatoka and instead gave it to white. what planets did she have as colonies?", Steven asked yellow diamond, finally he was hearing all the great diamond stories of intergalactic wars that he had dreamed of since he was a child and had so many questions to ask. "I remember when we went to the moon, there was this old photo of her, it showed she had 8 planets", Steven took out his phone from his pocket and showed yellow the photo of blue's mural he secretly took when no one was watching.

"That's quite and outdated image of her, but not as much as mine is", yellow responded, leaning back with her arms behind her head, "after pink, did.... that, she only colonised two planets before permanently stopping and only spending time with the 10 she already had. I, on the other hand now have 100s of all sorts of colonies of my own", yellows bragging was annoying and very obvious, it made Steven roll his eyes.

"Well what kind of planets does mum have?", he asked, " eventhough she doesn't have many, some of the best gems we have ever produced are from there. see that one just above her hand?", yellow said, pointing to the small photo of the mural on the phone, "that was blue's first colony, where lapis lazulis where made, that planet has quite a interesting story, would you like to hear it?", Steven nodded and immediately sat back down, ready to hear more stories, yellow loved this, somehow she and steven where able to bond so much, so quickly.

"Well, I won't tell this story alone, I'll get a familar face to help me", she sat up and clapped her hands, "Pearl!", yellow called, her pearl immediately ran to her, at a speed impossible for humans, "yes my diamond?", she asked, slightly out of breath from the dash she just did. "go get the lapis lazuli who was with blue diamond", she commanded, her pearl immediately ran out the door to try and find lapis while steven patiently waited, looking at photos of his mother on his phone.

"My diamond, I have the lapis lazuli you requested", yellow's pearl said, opening the door and walking in with lapis awkwardly standing next to her. "Greetings, yellow diamond", lapis nervously said, saluting and looking at steven with scared eyes. "Hello, lazuli, I was just about to tell steven a story about the planet you where made on and thought you could join us", she beckoned lapis with her finger to come closer, and she obeyed, walking to steven and sitting down next to him, she was very visibly scared of yellow diamond.

"What can you tell steven about your planet, lazuli?", yellow asked, keeping her eyes only on lapis. "Well...erm", lapis studdered, unable to speak properly with yellows eyes watching over her, "it was my diamond's first planet and one of the biggest planets we found", she nervously looked up at yellow, fearing that because shed been gone so long that planet was tiny compared to era 2 standards and shed be punished for saying such things. "When blue diamond found the planet it was completely empty and just rock but she broke it apart and filled everywhere with water making the perfect environment to make us", lapis turned to steven and tried to mime "help me", but was stopped by yellow clapping her hands, "good enough lazuli, I shall now tell steven the story as its obvious I'm much better at that, you may leave now!", her pearl guided her out the room, giving her a smirk.

"After the incident on sankatoka, homeworld started to expand, becoming an empire like our enemies, we had to. kheshmara had now started to evolve its attacks on us to a full-scale attempted invasion and sankatoka still had it's remaining colonies we had to eliminate. During this, white diamond started to inspect this new planet she was gifted as a colony from me and blue, and with my help we found out we could grow gems not just on homeworld, but on any type of planet.

Blue diamond was interested by this and tried to find a lifeless planet to test this on, as she was still trying to be close with organics and feared gems being grown on their planet would cause conflict and harm to them. she ended up finding a planet that was basically just a very dark useless rock. There was nothing there that seemed to be able to make any gem or even organic, but blue still had some hope in this planet. As you know, blue diamond has the power to control water, you yourself have even been able to use this ability. Blue diamond had seen on some planets that water was able to greatly change the environment so thought that if she used water to smash open the rocks and create deep pools and oceans around the planet, she could change the entire environment and terrform the planet into a suitable place to create gems".

"Terraform? What does that mean?", Steven asked, interrupting yellow and annoying her greatly, "it means when you transform the environment to suit a certain purpose, we do it all the time, it is the purpose of lapis gems", yellow replied, slight venom in her voice as he interrupted her. "So you're saying i can change the entire environment of earth?", "YES! NOW LET ME FINISH MY STORY!".

"Blue first flew to the highest mountain and created waterfalls that ran down and covered the bottom, forming some oceans. she then flew across the hills and cut them in Half with her scythe, turning the ground they where under into lakes. When blue cut open the hills and mountains she found the perfect place for gem production inside of these once useless seeming rocks, some of the greatest resources homeworld has ever seen! She immediately called me and we planned the first kindergartens there, now its a very old fashioned place but back then it was something revolutionary, before this gem production wasn't this thought through.

From these first kindergartens the lapis lazuli gems where born, their bodies where like that of Pearls but unlike them, they had inherited one of their diamonds greatest powers, (well slightly weakened, they couldn't summon water out of nowhere besides their wings, but no one is as good as a diamond!). These gems where able to be produced for centuries straight, even being made with the help of some gold I donated to the planet as an experiment, causing many later made lapis gems to have golden parts of their body. The lapis gems became one of our most valuable gems, shaping planets not just for their diamond but for all of homeworld!".

"I want to shape a planet", steven said, raising his hand and summoning some water that floated above his hand. Yellow bent down to him and smiled, "you will be able to very soon, I'm sure of it, you're not just a lapis lazuli but in fact a diamond, you'll be able to do much more than just them, just you wait".