chapter 92 the loyalty of a pearl

Blue diamond secretly took pink to her room, she was terrfied yellow would see them. During the trial she had sent Connie and her parents back to earth, giving them a diamond-line to call her in case they wanted anything, now only greg and durgy where the only ones left in her room. The entire trip was very awkward, pink and blue went on and on about greg and how perfect they thought he was and there stories with him and how he improved their lives, pearl looked like she was going to be sick and steven felt really uncomfortable and tried to not listen to their bizzare obsession with his father.

"Now you know why I love those humans?", pink asked blue, smirking back at her, "I loved organics before you did", blue replied, opening the door to her room and pushing her in, making her fall and nearly crush greg who was sitting near durgy.
"Hey Mr universe", pink winked, trying to make her fall look less embarrassing and instead make it a way to flex her amazing flirting skills, blue pulled her up by the arm and threw her away, "sorry we where gone, I was just getting steven", she said, sitting very close to greg and looking at pink to make sure she didn't get any closer to her dear greg.

steven stood next to pearl by the door, garnet was standing outside the door, with her arms crossed, she had been silent for a while. "Hey garnet, do you wanna get out of here?", he asked, garnet shrugged her shoulders. "Well, me and pearl where just thinking we'll look around homeworld while my mum is with pink, I'm just not really comfortable about her", steven continued, looking over to pink who was now grabbing gregs arm while blue literally hissed at her and pulled greg away from her, "and I can read your mind and see your not ok with her too, we can have a talk about it, have a nice relaxing walk", "fine", the fusion replied, splitting apart into ruby and sapphire, "I'll go with you", sapphire said, "ruby is, fine staying with pink". Ruby was shocked but not hurt with pink diamond's reveal but sapphire was very hurt by it, she was just great at keeping calm.

"Great! It's good seeing more of mum's court", Steven smiled at the small sapphire and shook her hand, trying to be gentle with her gem. As they where speaking lapis walked past them and into the room, "Hey Steven!", lapis said, a bit confused to who the smaller blue gem he was talking to was. "Hey lapis, wanna walk across homeworld with me, pearl and sapphire?", he asked, "of course!", lapis replied, "is blue diamond ok with it?", they both looked over to blue who was now threatening pink with a icicle and screeching, "GET AWAY FROM MY MAN!". "My diamond will be fine with this", pearl responded, "now....let's get out of here", she awkwardly took Steven's hand and walked away, sapphire and lapis following after.

"So steven, whats blue diamond like as a mother?", the Sapphire asked, her voice was very relaxing to him, as they walked across the corridors that lead out of blue's palace, gems gossiped and complimented the sapphire, she was still a high ranking gem after all. "Oh well, the only other mum I have to base her off is Connie's, and she's super strict and kinda mean," steven replied, looking out to homeworld, now visible through the giant windows, he could see white diamond's ship, it was shaped like her own head, it made him feel weird when he saw it, everything about white diamond felt so wrong to him.

"I think she treats me differently, she's nicer to me and dad, too nice to my dad", Steven wondered off mid sentence and climbed up to look out the windows, he could see gems building new massive structures, these gems where strong and had long rainbow hair, he pointed them out to pearl, "what type are these?", he asked pearl stood behind him, "these are bismuths", she responded, "can I go see them?", Steven excitedly asked, "you may my steven", pearl replied, taking his hand and guiding him.

Lapis walked up to pearl and whispered in her ear, "I've noticed something about you, you follow steven all the time, even when doing things your diamond doesn't know of, are you more loyal to steven than blue diamond?", pearl quietly laughed at this, "of course, i am Steven's pearl, not blue diamond's, well not her's anymore, that's what she told me before he was born", she let go of Steven's hand and started to focus only on the conversation. Lapis, who was recently became quite close to pearl was shocked by this, sapphire was also suprised by this, she was secretly listening in but great at acting like she wasn't.

"Blue thought she was going to die in childbirth, she didn't know what would become of me if that happened, so she told me to become Steven's pearl instead and to teach him everything about homeworld", pearl continued, she and lapis where now walking quicker than steven and sapphire and in front of them, "when she didn't die it left us in a odd situation, she acted like she didn't say that and I was still hers, but I'm not, im Steven's pearl now", she looked back at steven and smiled to herself, "hes the best diamond there is", she told lapis, "i agree", lapis laughed, "hes the cutest one too".

"Interesting for a diamond to allow any sort of freedom to her pearl", sapphire quietly said to steven, still observing pearl and lapis, who now seemed to have forgot the two of them. "she let's pearl do what she wants, she isn't some weird puppet master like white!", Steven snapped back, offended by the sapphire's words. The sapphire turned back to him, "well that's what you know, you did say before you're sure she treats you nicer than anyone else maybe she acts nicer around you too", her voice was still so calm yet those words stuck with him, Steven stood still for a second, only to be called back by pearl, "my steven? I'm so sorry I was speaking to lapis are you ok?", she asked, walking up to him, "yes", he replied, looking back at the sapphire, her face emotionless.