chapter 96 a ball!?

"I never thought this would be such a great look on me, but wow!", Steven said, looking in a recently created mirror blue's pebbles had made just for him. For probably an hour now the only thing that was being spoken about was his new look, and he loved that. "Hey Steven, or should I say the real blue diamond?", pink diamond joked, crawling up behind him and scaring him as he admired himself in the mirror some more, "you're all dressed up like you're going to a homeworld ball!", she exclaimed, picking Steven up and holding him over her shoulders,

"WOAHHHHH AAAAHHH PINK! PUT ME DOWN!...wait.. What's a ball!?", Steven yelled as pink ran around carrying him. Blue diamond quickly flew after her, summoning a ball of energy and aiming carefully to not hurt steven accidentally. "Let go of my baby!", blue yelled, shooting a bright blue ball of energy out her fingers and hitting pink right in the back, knocking her over and allowing Steven to fly out of her powerful grasp.

"Anyway!", Steven said, flying back down to the ground and helping pink diamond up, she had fallen on her face very hard, so hard a pink diamond shaped dent was now in the floor, thankfully the pebbles fixed that in an instant."whats a ball?", steven asked her, "i heard you talking about it", pink diamond sat up, blues attack had done quite some damage, "It's a...ouch my nose, big party I used to always throw here", pink said, rubbing her nose and snarling at blue who was hovering above her, ready to attack once again. "But party is an awful name for it! It's so boring!!", she exlclaimed, dramatically huffing after. "we just sit and watch gems do BORING dances and cant even dance with! It's supposed to be used for some big events but I've only seen it used for-", "WE CAN THROW A BALL TO FULLY ANNOUNCE ME AS THE NEW DIAMOND!", Steven exclaimed, interrupting pink and jumping in the air.

"What do you think, mum?" Steven asked, excitedly running up to blue, who seemed completely uninterested, leaning against the wall with her arms crossed, "I've only spoken to some gems, and with this, I can fully introduce myself as their new diamond!", blue still didn't seem to care much, even her pearl was looking at him like it was a stupid idea, he needed to say something he knew she'd like. "and even pink diamond can be there, and she can speak to all of homeworld and APOLOGISE!", he pointed back to pink diamond who yelled, "What!?", back at him, lapis and pearl laughed to each other at this, every since they got to homeworld they've spent most their time together or only speaking to one another.

"Steven", pearl said, coming up to him and putting her hand on her shoulder, trying to shut down his idea in the nicest way she could think of, "a ball is a way for all diamonds and gems to show their best selves, its a very important event, planning it can be very difficult, we cant just suddenly announce one", "you and mum are good planners, I can help to!", Steven responded, pearl huffed and looked away, it seems her kind attempts at trying to tell steven he can't weren't working, "we haven't had one since...pink diamond was here", pearl awkwardly turned to look at pink who yelled back to her "well I am here again!", pearl was disgusted by everything pink did but somehow kept her cool.

"I'll think about it," blue spoke up, silencing pearl, pink, and steven. " but it can't be now, tomorrow is kankamankla, the most important day for us gems, a day of rest, something as intricate as a ball being held on a day like that is not just ridiculous but insulting!", Steven nodded back to his mother, understanding his plans won't happen anytime soon. "Fine mum, that's okay, but what's kankamankla?", he asked, the gems around him laughed and spoke among each other, most of them shocked he didn't know what it was, it made him feel awful, he thought he knew quite a lot about gem history but as he listened to the gems gossip amongst eachother it became more and more clear to him that he knew nothing.

"SILENCE!", blue yelled, making the room go completely quiet and look back at her with fear in her eyes, she then calmy walked up to steven and sat down near him, she beckoned pearl to follow after her too. "Kankamankla is the day celebrating when Lord paragon first stepped foot on this planet", she said, "In the very middle of our homeworld her footsteps still remain", blue looked out the window, in the direction of the sacred site, she could see it ever so slightly and the gems nearby praying towards it.

"Paragon was the first gem, all gems, no matter how big, how small, how strong how weak, all contain her inside them, you have her too", she poked Steven's gem, making him quietly yelp, making pink giggle at him again only to go quiet again by blue giving her the death stare. "By praying to her, we can unlock the hidden powers she possesses within us, on kankamankla no gem works, we all spend the day thanking her, we all face where she stood and pray to her, us diamonds must lead these prayers as we contain much more of her than the average gem, we contain parts of her soul itself!", blue touched her gem as she said this.

"But you weren't a gem originally", Steven nervously spoke up, pearl and lapis looked at him when he spoke, shocked and terrfied that he interrupted blue diamond, eventhough he was her son, all the gems of her court knew she was never to be interrupted especially when speaking about something like this. "That's why I love her so much", blue replied, standing up to look out the window and get a better look at the sacred place, "because she is the one who gifted me this gem, who gave me new life and saved me".