chapter 89 the answer

"The sapphire, using her unique ability of future vision, predicted that, the villanous rose quartz and her pearl would attack and they did, they where nearly captured until this ruby here changed the future, she grabbed the sapphire out the way and disgustingly fused with her! Causing the rebels to escape and create quite a putrid scene", the yellow zircon dramatically proclaimed to the court, the ruby growled at her as she spun around and told the story.

Suddenly, steven interrupted the zircon, "She must've tried saving the sapphire she didn't mean it!", he cried, standing up from his throne and shocking the entire courtroom, making the zircon go silent, "why is she on trial for fusing!? If you think that's bad put me on trial I fused with a human!". The two zircons froze and looked at eachother, not knowing what to do while yellow stared at him shocked.

"YOU WHAT!?", yellow diamond yelled, grabbing onto her throne and cracking it, her rage was so intense she could barely speak, sparks of lightning where shooting off her body and nearly hitting the gems below her, destroying the screen her pearl was using to write. "Did blue allow you to do this!? Has she not learned from what white taught her?!", the Pearls had also now froze and where watching yellow, blue pearl was shaking, she feared yellow might kill steven for this.

"What do you mean!? If this ruby was shamed by homeworld for saving the sapphire no wonder she became a crystal gem!", Steven yelled back to yellow, the ruby started to laugh, the zircons looked at eachother, blue zircon wasn't sure to be happy or not since steven was probably the only remaining thing that could save this case.

Steven looked down to the zircons, "is the sapphire here?", he asked, acknowledging his diamond powers and realising he could have any gem appear if he asked for it, the blue zircon nervously nodded at him, "yes, my diamond", she studdered, "well I want to hear what she says!", he commanded, the blue zircon saluted and raised her hand, suddenly a small blue gem wearing a dress with long white hair over her eyes like blue's pearl was teleported into the room, she has a gem on her hand like ruby.

"Ruby!", sapphire cried, running to ruby and hugging her. "See!", Steven yelled, "sapphire doesn't have any anger against her for fusing, why is she on trial!?", the yellow zircon gulped with fear, eventhough steven was just a small child, he had the power to shatter her. "BECAUSE!", yellow slammed her hands onto the throne, causing big chunks of it to fall off a nearly hit her pearl, "AFTER THEY FUSED THEY FLED TO EARTH TO BECOME CRYSTAL GEMS! THEY WORKED WITH TRAITORS! YOURE A DIAMOND ACT LIKE IT! WE ARE SUPPOSED TO ENFORCE RULES!", she slammed her hands over and over again, her throne was nearly completely destroyed as she yelled louder and louder at steven.

"MAYBE ITS BECAUSE PEOPLE LIKE YOU SAW RUBY SAVING HER AS A BAD THING!", Steven yelled back, ruby and sapphire held eachother close as they watched, "maybe I won't die alone and I'll die with you like how I always wanted, well with you and steven here", ruby said, hugging sapphire tightly. "ITS BECAUSE OF BLUE DIAMOND THEYRE ON TRIAL! IF SHE WASNT BRAIN DEAD SHE WOULD HAVE KILLED THEM BY NOW!", yellow screamed, when she said the name of blue diamond ruby and sapphire both felt fear.

"What!? My mum!?", Steven suddenly stopped and looked to the two small scared gems, "what did my mum do to you two?", he asked them, scared to know the answer. "Why are you asking them!? They're crystal gems they'll manipulate you!", yellow diamond yelled to him again, but he didn't listen, he sat back down on his throne and politely waited for their story.

Sapphire spoke, "After ruby saved me, causing us to fuse for the first time,blue diamond, your mother saw this and was enraged, she was angry rose quartz had fled and wanted ruby dead for fusing with me, ruby had to flee with me to earth, it was the only way to survive", her voice was calm and quiet, unlike the ruby who was constantly angry. Steven went pale from hearing this, he thought he was going to puke (if he did have a stomach he was sure he would've) he flew down and read both the gem's minds, seeing their memories, he stood back when he saw it, it was all true, he was shaking terribly and felt like he might faint.

Blue pearl ran behind him and grabbed him, "my steven I'm so sorry you had to hear that horrible thing, I was there I saw it all, but that's not the full story the real reason she did it is- "PEARL MOVE!", yellow diamond stomped towards them, her body covered in electricity, she raised her hand and shot lighting at the ruby and sapphire nearly hitting the zircons who barely dodged. Steven felt weak but he had to stop yellow from attacking them. "STOP!", Steven yelled, jumping from Pearl's grip and running in front of the small scared gems just before the lightning hit and before yellow could react.

When the bright yellow light faded steven was standing in front of ruby and sapphire, he had shieled them in a giant ice barrier he had accidentally created.  "Woah what is this", he said as he looked around what he created. "You saved us!?", the ruby exclaimed, you're nothing like blue diamond after all!", "thank you so much steven", the Sapphire said, lightly bowing to him, "thanks guys!", Steven replied, letting his guard down and causing the barrier he made to dissappear, revealing a enraged yellow diamond.

"Damn you! You really do have all her powers!", yellow cursed him, summoning her giant sword from her gem and pointing it at them. "You must've took her mind too! It seems that the real blue diamond has died long ago, that once great strict leader turned into an idiot and a child!", she rushed towards steven, he summoned his wings, grabbed ruby and sapphire in his hands and barely dodged yellow slamming her sword into the ground, the shear force destroying the forms of the near by zircons. Steven landed on his throne, "STOP!", he cried, but yellow didn't listen. the ruby and sapphire held eachothers hands and kissed, causing them to fuse into garnet.

"Garnet!? You're a fusion!?", Steven exclaimed, "I did think ruby looked like you!", garnet laughed and stroked his hair, "thank you so much steven, now we need to get out of here!", she summoned her glasses that covered her three eyes and her gauntlets staring down the rapidly approaching yellow diamond, prepared to take the incoming attack. "what will white says if she finds this out?", yellow thought to herself, preparing to murder not just the fusion, but all gems who ever saw this trial, including steven, "it doesn't matter, what matters now is stopping this!", yellow raised her weapon and charged, only to be stopped by someone else of her height teleporting into the room and knocking her back.

The green light faded and revealed blue diamond, she looked awful, she was slumped over, drooling and breathing heavily, her hair was messy and over her face, her fingers had claws growing out of them, and her eyes where bloodshot.
garnet stood back in fear when she saw blue diamond appear, causing her weapons to dissappear, "Mum? Why are you here!", Steven gasped, shocked but also enraged to see his mother after hearing what she had done. Blue diamond turned towards him, then looked to garnet, "who is that with you?", she asked him, garnet stood proud and smirked then unfused, revealing ruby and sapphire.

"Remember us?," ruby asked, laughing, sapphire on the other hand was scared, she could barely look at blue. Blue was suprised to see them but didn't seem angry, she wiped the drool off her mouth and walked closer, Steven flinched, fearing she'd kill them. "I've been looking for you two for a while", blue said, now towering over them, "I've been wanting to speak to you both for how many years now? 5000?", sapphire hid behind ruby, who summoned her gauntlet, blue looked at the ruby and said, "oh I'm not here to fight, I'm here to talk", suddenly she raised her hand and everyone besides yellow was teleported away.

Steven was teleported to a white room, a similar looking room to where ruby was before her trial. he looked around and tried to call for anyone, only for his voice to echo, he banged on the walls, tried to find a door but nothing happened, he was now alone. He huddled up in the corner and thought about crying, so much had happened so fast, he couldn't believe it. He hugged his knees and remembered what the sapphire told him, her felt tears form in his eyes, he had always wanted to be like blue diamond, he followed her and loved her, but she turned out to be a monster.