chapter 81 yellow's interviews

The two arm ships joined one last time, they'd be at homeworld very soon, but yellow still had many unanswered questions, most of them regarding blue and what she had been doing on earth. She got each gem that was found with blue, along with greg to line up, she'd interview each of them, one by one, but leaving steven to do what ever he wanted as she and him have spoken enough.

blue diamond was surprisingly chill with this, she just went to her room to be with connie and her parents while this was happening, mostly spending the time talking with doug about something she and him both loved, types of human transport on earth, cars, planes and blue's favourite, trains. Steven also went to the room to be with Connie, if he wasn't there it would be torture for her, blue and doug talked about trains none stop for hours.

doug's brother was a train driver in India so he had became quite knowledgeable about them over the years from the many stories his brother told him, but compared to blue he knew nothing. Blue had first seen cars, trains and planes back in Korea when looking around the country with greg, she immediately became interested, spending ridiculous amounts of time just driving around in Greg's van or taking the train, planes reminded her of homeworlds ship so she was sure she already understood them. She knew so many words doug had never heard before and had extensive knowledge on each design, how they are made and the history of trains, she made doug feel stupid, he knew she didn't mean it but he really felt dumb compared to her.

The first gem to be "interviewed" by yellow was lapis lazuli, they had already spoken to eachother a bit before so yellow saw her as the best to begin with. She lead lapis to her control room and locked the door after, making her pearl also leave the room and stand outside. Lapis was scared, yellow was always so intimidating, the way she towered over and always seemed to be watching your every move Was so unerving.

"So, how did you get to earth, where you a part of blue's court that came with her to live on that miserable planet?", yellow asked, moving her seat to face lapis and sitting down in it, crossing her legs and seeming to look at lapis with an expression that seemed almost angry, whatever it was it made her feel so small and weak compared to the diamond.

"Actually, my diamond found me on earth, she said she only took her pearl with her", lapis responded, trying to hide her fear. "why where you on earth and how did you survive our attack?", yellow responded, her voice now harsher and louder as she questioned her. Lapis bowed her head, she felt very uncomfortable speaking about this, but knew if she didnt tell her exactly what happened she may be accused of being a crystal gem. "I was trapped in a mirror, during the war I got caught in the fighting, I tried to flee but was attacked and lost my form, my gem was put in there and I was used for questioning, eventhough I knew nothing about what they where asking me. Then when everyone was leaving earth I was left next to the homeworld warp until blue diamond and her son steven found me and freed me."

"And what was blue like when you where freed, how did she act?", yellow began her questions again, not caring at all for how difficult it was for lapis to tell that story, lapis had to compose herself before answering another question, talking about being in the mirror and the war was very hard for her. "She was so...different, her hair, her personality, it was almost like she was an entirely different person", lapis said, even now, she was still shocked at how much her leader had changed, "she used to be so scary and strict, now she's the kindest and softest gem I know besides steven...if he even is a gem".

"Yes, ever since pink faked her shattering blue's soul has softened, that's enough from you lazuli, thank you", yellow stood up from her throne and clapped her hands, her pearl heard and opened the doors, letting lapis leave. she awkwardly walked out and looked at the line waiting for their turn. As she was walking away from them and going back to the small rooms she stayed in, she noticed Steven wasn't there and felt off, when she was far enough from the other gems and greg she summoned her wings and began to look through the ships, calling his name, she was worried he may have gotten lost.

"Steven, why won't your mom shut up about trains, even My dad is uncomfortable now", Connie whispered to steven, they'd been trying to talk to eachother for a while but it was nearly impossible with priyanka watching them and blue going on and on about trains. Doug himself was now cringing and obviously wanting this conversation to end now but blue didn't see that, she just kept talking and talking, someone needed to kindly tell her it was all a bit, too much.

"Blue?", priyanka said, blue immediately turned her head to face her, doug sighed from relief, praying the subject would finally change. "what else do you know about? You seem to be really interested in trains but do you have any other interests?", she said, using her professional doctor voice and taking out her notes she had in her pocket. These where her notes on blue's behaviour, shed been trying to analyse her for a long time, now her notes where long and very detailed, detaining blue's strange mannerisms and personality, along with priyanka's own theories on blue.

"OH! Thanks for asking Mrs maheswaran!", blue replied, she was so happy to finally be taking to people about her interests, she was slightly shaking and holding her hands in front of her chest, she was so nervous, usually greg made her shut up or she just spoke to her pearl who stayed mostly silent through those conversations. "I like, potatoes, crying breakfast friends fanfiction, fanfiction in general, Hamilton-heathers crossovers, sailor moon, goku x sailor moon, shipping, actual ships, language, the ocean, sonic, the colour red, bollywood, India, sarees, madhuri dixit nene, 80s Korean love songs, Irish folk songs dubstep remixes, lana del-, "Alright! that's quite enough!", priyanka had to stop her, or this was going to go on longer than the train talk, Connie and steven both sighed from relief when priyanka stopped her. "I'm so sorry", Steven whispered to connie, never in his life had he felt so embarrassed.

The next two people in the line where holly blue agate and blue's pearl. Holly blue just blindly praised blue diamond and gave no actual info to yellow, she had to say, "get to the point agate!", over ten times, more angrier than ever before just giving up and kicking her out. Yellow didn't even try with her pearl, she assumed she'd just say some robotic garbage, eventhough she had the most info and was with blue through the entire journey according to lapis. Yellow was convinced she'd say nothing so she just let her leave, her own pearl smirking at her as she walked away, leaving yellow only with amethyst and greg now.

"Alright, now the amethyst it is your turn", yellow commanded, amethyst confidently walked in, not knowing she is supposed to treat yellow with respect, but yellow ignored this, she'd heard about this amethyst and she greatly interested her. "So I heard you're an ex crystal gem? Is that correct?", "YEAH!", Amethyst loudly replied, making yellow loudly exhale and try to contain the urge to crush the small gem. "And I also heard you emerged from the prime kindergarten much later than your fellow amethysts, so late the war had already ended and you where the only one there, judging by your size I believe this is true is it?", yellow's tone made amethyst feel the same horrible feeling lapis had felt. Yellow just loved to make people talk about what they never liked speaking about, for amethyst it was her insecurities. Her whole life the crystal gems saw her as a product of something awful, then when she met her fellow amethysts, her family she felt like one of them, but also so small, almost wrong looking. "Yes, it's true", amethyst responded, trying to hide that yellow's words hurt her.

"And who found you? Was it pink? I think blue said that, what was it like as a crystal gem? What did those traitors even do on earth after the war?," yellow kept questioning, ignoring the pain in amethyst's voice and demeanour. Amethyst wanted to get this over with so quickly answered, "yeah she was the one who found me, she was rose back then", amethyst felt weird talking about rose, after finding out about the whole pink diamond thing, she didnt know how to feel about her, no one did. "honestly life as a crystal gem was boring! Besides me and rose the other gems eventhough they where all about loving earth didn't really like humans and stayed away from them. we used to fight these monsters too! I remember pearl saying they used to be gems and someone used an attack that made them monsters, but I'm not sure, they always treated me like I was dumb and never told me anything anyway".

The last part interested yellow, she could tell amethyst wanted to leave but now she wanted her to stay with her for much longer than she had kept lapis, she was sure this small, useless seeming gem had a lot of helpful info. "Monsters, our attack turned gems into monsters!? I thought they where all killed, fascinating, it seems like a fate worse than death, reminds me of what happened with blue", yellow leaned back in her throne and theorised to herself about corruption, she loved to experiment and allready had many plans just from this alone.  Amethyst saw yellow thinking to herself in silence and tried to leave, only to be stopped by yellow's hand slamming down in front of her, "amethyst! tell me everything you know!", yellow yelled, picking her up and making sure she didn't try to leave again.