chapter 99 the early days of the great diamond authority

It took a very long time for blue and yellow diamond to return from leading prayers on kankamankla. Pearl told Steven over and over again it was best to not wait for them as they'd probably be gone for the rest of the day but he was determined, he sat by the window, barely moving to look out for them, watching them pray over and over again to crowds of gems for hours.

Blue was first to come back. she and yellow had made an agreement that yellow would be coming to see Steven in her palace after prayers. Blue looked very tired, as soon as she walked in she looked at pink diamond and greg, she checked their memories and thought and made sure they didn't flirt or even speak to eachother, she'd been scared pink would try and seduce him ever since she left them alone. When blue was stressed, she'd pull on her fingers and sometimes dislocate them. She'd been doing this all day whenever she'd think of them, yellow had to keep stopping her.

When she came in, She poked Steven's back to get him away from the window and speak with her, she then sat inbetween pink and greg, looking at pink with an expression showing distrust and making sure she was no where near greg, ruby and pink where the only gems who didn't attend the prayers, they'd somehow spent all their time silent, they feared blue that much.

"Mum! Finally you're here", Steven called, going to sit down by his mother, not even acknowledging his father greeting him. "I've been wanting to talk to you about this for a while, I also want to talk to aunt yellow about it!", he sat down opposite to blue, moving his father out the way. "can you tell me why White's pearl called white diamond paragon? Is white diamond the paragon i keep hearing about? Do you guys worship white diamond!?". An uneasy and awkward feeling filled the room, pearl looked to lapis, who was zoned out and too busy thinking about fish or other ocean things  ruby looked to sapphire, pink bowed her head and blue cringed.

Blue sighed, "I'll try and explain it to you, but what you must know is that white diamond and paragon are not the same person!", blue looked around nervously, she felt like she was being watched, she trembled ever so slightly, on homeworld it felt like white diamond was everywhere. "Paragon was a merciful and loving creator, white diamond is a cruel ruler who lives in her own head, literally! In her twisted mind she sees herself as the real paragon only because she's the shell of all that's left of our great founder's body", blue stood up and started to pace around the room, her voice filling with passion and frustration with her leader, ruby and sapphire both recognised this behaviour from chalcedony. "but even with that she'll never be her no matter what!", blue looked towards steven, then crouched down to him, "white diamond is a monster. Paragon loved all", she whispered, before being interrupted by the door opening, revealing yellow diamond standing there.

Blue stood up and jumped away from Steven, acting like nothing was happening, pink shuffled away and hid in the corner, trying to make herself not stand out to yellow diamond. "You wanted me here?", yellow asked, walking into the room and looking around, snarling at the other gems in the room, they all disgusted her. Blue read her mind and could tell yellow didn't hear what she said about white, but still she was intimidated by her so much. "Steven just wanted to see us both", blue said, trying to not look nervous and putting on a fake smile.

"I want to know more about this paragon!", Steven spoke up, blue looked back at him, if she could she'd curse him out right now but greg and yellow would both kill her for it. "I'd be happy to tell you anything you want about our great leader", yellow said, walking towards him. "pebbles!", she called, clapping her hands, "make me a chair! so I can get comfy telling the small diamond a story", the pebbles obeyed the command and soon a giant chair appeared behind her, she sat down on it, looking down to steven and blue, "ask me anything and I shall answer", she said.

Blue opened the door and walked out the white palace. Her face swollen and bruised, yellow had been waiting outside for her, leaning against the wall with her arms crossed, looking disappointed. "White can be so annoying!", the young blue diamond complained as her and yellow both walked away and went to the homeworld gardens. They always went there to sit together. "she said I can't wear shorts anymore! and can only wear dresses now because according to her, it "fits my personality", what does that even mean!? I have to keep this dress on for another 5000 years! if I was pink she'd let me change I know it!", yellow just nodded along, barely listening to her sister rant on and on.