chapter 88 meet the zircons!

In a nearly completely white room a small red figure lay all alone. They had their hands on their head and curled up into a ball, they where fighting the urge to scream, to cry out the name of their one true love who theyd been separated from. The small red gem was the ruby blue diamond had crashed her bike into back in empire city, she had recently reformed after being beaten by jasper when trying to escape and was now awaiting her trial, she believed these would be her last days alive.

A door in the white room opened and then stepped out a blue zircon gem, these gems where highly respected on homeworld and worked as lawyers for any type of gem. she nervously checked some screens that came from the monocle like screen on her eye then made eyecontact with the scared ruby who was no starting at her.

"You're the ruby I've been assigned to? the one catched by that peridot and jasper on their mission to earth?", she asked, sounding slightly nervous as she knew how violent these types of gems could get. The ruby stood up, fought the urge to attack but instead bowed her head and quietly responded, "yes, yes i am that ruby", accepting defeat. The zircon paced around the room, checking all sorts of screens filled with info that now surrouned her and muttering to herself. "I only have a small time to work on your case, I've only been able to prepare somethings and all these logs have info against you, you'll need to help me out here with your defence!", "whats the point", the ruby replied, "she'll just shatter me anyway, blue diamond is nothing but a dirty shatterer".

The zircon took the ruby to a nearly completely black room, the ground then lit up, making the symbol of white, yellow and blue diamond under them. Then a similar zircon, a yellow one tinted green by the lighting appeared and smirked at the other zircon, "oh my, defending a rebel? Isn't that treason", she laughed, "I was assigned to this!", the blue one hissed back, before quickly becoming silent as too other figures teleported in, these other figures where the pearls of blue and yellow diamond.

"All rise for the luminous yellow diamond!", yellow's pearl exclaimed, dramatically raising her hands up into the sky, "and the great steven diamond", blue's pearl whispered, much quieter and bowing, she was slightly worried as she wasnt sure what Steven's title would be now that he's officially a member of the great diamond authority. then, behind the two pearls yellow diamond and steven sitting on her shoulder appeared and looked down at the three gems under them. The blue zircon nervously saluted, ruby fought the urge to laugh, "this is blue diamond?", she whispered, no one looked back at her or even acknowledged what she said.

"So where is this traitor you told me about?", Steven asked yellow, trying to make his voice sound intimidating ane failing badly. yellow diamond looked down and laughed, "ha! This pathetic ruby is the one!", she told him, "this ruby is one of the one's who worked for rose quartz and lived her life on earth in such a shameless way!", yellow raised her arm and two blue and yellow thrones appeared, she put steven onto the giant blue throne and sat on her own yellow throne, crossing her legs and resting her chin on her hand, her posture was much better than blue diamond's who was always hunched over, steven tried to copy yellow, crossing his legs and trying to look intimidating, eventhough he probably looked ridiculous on such a giant throne. "this will be fun, I think we should shatter her already!", she told Steven, her zircon laughing at her blue counterpart while the ruby stomped and cursed to herself.

The two Pearls also sat at their own mini chairs next to their diamond's thrones. Yellow pearl was tasked with writing down all that happened during a trial, she'd type down all the details on a large screen in front of her while blue diamond's pearl was tasked with drawing what happened during a trial. Steven had heard many stories about this from pearl, this is where she got her love for drawing, it was said blue diamond saw how much she liked to draw so allowed her to draw anywhere she wanted, not just at trials. Steven looked down to her and smiled when she saw her starting to draw him and yellow diamond.

It was first the yellow zircon's turn to speak, "my great and perfect diamond, who shines above all of homeworld with her beauty!"-, "my diamond will suffice or else we'll never get through this", yellow interrupted, rolling her eyes. "O-oh of course my diamond!", the zircon restarted, clearing her throat, steven quietly giggled to himself at this.

"This small ruby guard here may seem like just your average not very important common soldier but is actually one of the most important assets in rose quartz's brutal attempts at turning out great gems loyal to homeworld into degenerates!", the yellow zircon pointed at the ruby, who snarled at her, and summoned her weapon, a gauntlet then made it dissappear when she looked back to steven, her eyes widening as she looked at him. Steven looked closely at the ruby, he was confused that he'd never seen her before with the other crystal gems but at the same time she looked slightly familar to him, the ruby was also mostly looking at him throughout her trial, first anger as she thought he was blue diamond then shock as the recognised who he actually was.

"On nearly this exact day 5750 years ago she helped the evil rose quartz herself escape through her disgusting act of  disobedience against her own sapphire!", the zircon was very dramatic her voice echoing throughout the trial. "Back when earth was still the colony of pink diamond this ruby here was assigned with guarding a sapphire who was visiting earth to speak with blue diamond.", Steven looked at yellow and tried to send her a message via his mind, "you haven't told the other gems about pink diamond!?", he thought, yellow didn't react to his message, she just kept watching the trial, smirking as she watched the small enraged ruby, this made Steven feel really uncomfortable, he felt like yellow was lying to all of homeworld just to avoid the embarrassment her heard her talking about in regards to pink.

"The sapphire came to blue diamond to tell her a prediction, a prediction that if this ruby here listened to would've stopped this entire war and saved countless of lives!", Finally the ruby couldn't take it anymore and screamed, "SHUT UP!", at the zircon, shocking her and making the other zircon sigh, yellow diamond laughed, "suprised it took so long", she scoffed. "YOU DIAMONDS KNOW NOTHING! WHERE IS BLUE DIAMOND! I WANNA SEE THAT SHATTERER FACE TO FACE!", as the ruby yelled steven noticed her gem, it was on her hand, he gasped as he then noticed the similarities in appearance, could this ruby be the gem named garnet he saw!?

Yellow wanted to get off her throne and shattter this loud gem, she was just about to stand up and attack her before steven yelled to her. "WAIT! I wanna hear the whole story!", steven cried, yelling to yellow diamond as loud as he could, the ruby laughed at this and yellow angrily sat back down, Steven was mostly shocked she listened to him.

"Please continue and ruby you can get your own turn to talk to! Just dont interrupt anyone!", Steven said, trying to do his best serious diamond voice, the ruby sat down on the floor and looked up to steven, "OK Mr Steven", she laughed, to him this confirmed she was the garnet he saw and he sat back down on his throne to continue the trial. the blue zircon wiped the sweat of her head and prayed to Lord paragon for forgiveness, what could she have possibly done to get this job as a punishment!