chapter 80 blue's gift

Now it was the beginning of a very awkward fly to homeworld, blue just put on hyper space, leaving pearl in the control room and went to her room, laying down with steven. "So mum, if you weren't originally a diamond, why do I have this?", Steven said, pulling his shirt down to reveal the gem that took up his entire chest, blue looked away and sighed, "I don't know", she replied, "I guess I'm no longer a crecendoll".

Yellow kept trying to call blue on the diamond line but got no response from her. Whenever she tried to contact blue she only saw her pearl in the control room who'd immediately tell her that she was in her room and couldnt be bothered speaking to yellow then hung up. Yellow started to get worried, she could see the ship was still traveling and being piloted but she feared blue had locked herself in her room again like she used to always do.

"You know, this trip to homeworld is getting kinda boring, can I give you a gift to make up for all the waiting?", blue said, shape-shifting back to her smaller size she used on earth and approaching durgy who was asleep nearby the bed and also in her smaller form. "I'm not bored, I love being in space but I'd take any gift from you mum!", Steven happily replied. Blue smiled at him then dived into durgy, she immediately began her journey to the near by island in the fur ocean, she spotted one that she hadn't yet used, it was an animal she had recently resurrected, the seagull she used to show her power to connie. Blue moved to that island then stuck her head out the fur that now looked and felt more like blue feathers.

"YOU SOLD OUT OUR CITY FOR A GODDAMN MONTENEGRIN GODZILLA MOVIE!?", the people of beach city screamed, a crowd had formed around mayor dewey and his quite scary looking van that had a giant version of his head on it and where demanding he apologise for "selling out" beach city to be used to a "bootleg blue godzilla movie" rumoured to be made in the montenegro provine of east yugoslavia. this was the first thing blue saw when she crawled out the seagull, somehow no one noticed the giant woman appear from such a small bird.

Blue stealthily passed the group turning into a lynch mob against dewey and went to find why she was here. She first went to the house and took the remaining cookie cats out of the fridge, sadly only three where left and they where getting pretty old. Then blue summoned her wings and flew straight to Connie's house, using her animal communication powers to tell the blue seagul to follow her there as well, (in case she lost her closest transport back to space).

Blue knocked on the door and was met by Connie, she looked very relieved to see blue. "there you are!", she exclaimed, "can I speak to steven?", "that's actually why I'm here, I was wondering if you'd like to see him? it has been a while. I'm very sorry we had to go somewhere", blue replied. Connie's parents heard the conversation and followed their daughter to the door, they where also suprised to see blue there.

"We've been wondering where you went you've missed so much!", doug said, giving blue a hug. "I was getting worried", priyanka said, "last time I saw you you looked so panicked, I thought you where in some sort of manic state after your seizure", "my what?", blue asked, making priyanka look at her with a shocked expression, "you know, when you where shaking on the floor!?", priyanka tried to explain, still very shocked with blue's cluelessness to what happened to her. "oh...that, that's got a name?", everyone wanted to facepalm or yell at her but stayed awkwardly nice and quiet. "well anyway, can you two also come with me, Connie said she wants to see Steven but it's best you guys come too, for safety", Connie frowned at blue, she didn't want her parents getting in the way and blue knew that, she winked at Connie and smirked at her.

As steven was waiting for his mother to come back, lapis lazuli opened the doors and said, "Steven? Do you know where blue is?", she looked quite worried, "yeah, why is something wrong?", Steven replied, ready to jump into durgy and find blue himself if the situation was urgent enough. "It's just, yellow diamond won't stop calling us, she's really worried blue's upset because of crecendolia, she's scared blue is refusing to leave her room", lapis said, looking back out the door to see the controll room not far and pearl hanging up on yellow again, "yellow is probably getting mad, can you try and get her to speak to her, herself?", lapis asked, way to scared to ask blue diamond that herself and instead making steven do it.

As the two where talking blue diamond crawed out durgy and threw out Connie, them her mother and then her father from out the fur and gave Steven a cookie cat. "here's your gift!", she loudly said, "...and connie! Along with her parents!". "Steven!", Connie yelled, running to him and hugging him, "I missed you so much, where did you go?", steven didn't know where to begin, "erm, well we are kinda in space right now", "WE ARE WHAT!?", priyanka yelled, looking out the windows then nearly fainting, doug was too busy looking at all the Mr universe posters and thinking "it should've been me!". "My diamond!", lapis exclaimed, bowing and then saluting, "I was just looking for you, please come quickly", blue followed after the lapis and returned to her giant form, leaving steven alone with the maheswarans.

At first it was awkward silence, Connie wished her parents weren't there so she could kiss steven, priyanka was on the verge of a heart attack from the fact they where in space and doug was lamenting that blue only loved greg and not him. Finally, Steven broke the silence, "I know all of you are probably really freaked out to why we are in space, since my mum isn't here I can tell you all now", Steven closed the door just in case his mother could still hear them and walked back to them, preparing to explain to his future in-laws the entire story in the least insane way possible.

"It all started when yellow diamond, my mum's sister came to earth looking for her, during this my mum found out rose quartz, the leader of the rebellion against the diamonds and mean war criminal, wasn't actually a real person but instead pink diamond, my mum's younger sister who she had been mourning for a very long time". "What!?", Connie yelled, "but pink was killed by rose!?", "I thought the same thing", steven replied, looking at the ground to hide the anger in his face, "...everyone thought that's what happened", even just thinking about pink diamond's actions made him very angry, be could feel the energy from his gem filling his body.

Steven took some breaths, fixed his composure and continued his story, trying to hide his rage. "my mum was obviously very upset because of this, she was so upset she kinda turned into a big blue dragon thing and started attacking her sister and threw a hole mountain at her". "Wait, blue diamond was that Montenegrin godzilla!?", doug interrupted, "what do you mean!?", Steven replied, very confused. "there where rumours dewey payed a bootleg movie company from montenegro to make a godzilla movie here and he's in a lot of trouble for it but it turned out to be blue diamond!? You gotta tell beach city they want him dead for selling out the city!", "they do!?", Steven exclaimed, starting to panic thinking someone might die because of him.

Suddenly the doors to blue's room opened and there stood greg, he had started to age again, his beard retuning and his hair starting to bald at the top again. "Steven? Why are Connie and her parents doing here!?", he stopped as soon as he saw them "space isn't a good date location you know!", he quickly turned his shocked voice into a joking one and winked at steven, making both him and Connie very embarrassed. "Anyway, blue-blue and yellow won't stop talking about me, I think yellow's jealous", he winked again, Connie's mother looked away in disgust, "not all women want you Mr universe", she told him, "maybe not all human women, but gems love the old universe charm!", he replied, confidently walking away.

"Can you guys stay here?", Steven said to the maheswarans before following after his father, not wanting greg to embarass him more. greg was hiding in the corner and listening in to blue and yellow's conversation, Steven stopped when he saw him and hid near him. "Hey schtu-ball, you interested in what yellow has to say about your old man?", greg asked steven, "no I'm mostly interested in seeing how mum is", he replied, breaking some of Greg's pride.

"We will be at homeworld very soon, but there's many important things we've either barely discussed or not even spoken about", yellow said to blue on the diamond line, looking through some notes and files as she spoke, her pearl peaking over her to look through blue's screen. "For example, what we have not planned are, how will gems react to steven when we get there, what do we do about...her and how in the stars did that greg man get you to be his mate!", Greg was fascinating to yellow, she found him disgusting but blue saw him as almost above everyone else, she forgave him for everything and it made no sense to her, she needed to try and understand blue's love for this strange man.

Blue squirmed in her control room throne before answering yellows questions, she noticed greg and steven watching her and became even more nervous. "Well, let's join our ships again and discuss these, we will be at homeword very soon so should join right away", blue said, stopping hyper space and slowing down completely, yellow did the same and flew her ship In front of blue's. "And also you can see greg for yourself and understand why me and him had steven".