chapter 75 the universal diplomat

Steven and yellow both turned off hyper space to spend longer time just speaking to eachother via the diamond line, they haven't known eachother for long but have already became very close. "You know, there's a way for out ships to connect and for me to see you in person", yellow said, it had only been two days yet she already missed her nephew so much. "Really!?", Steven exclaimed, quickly getting ready to control the ship. "Yes", yellow said, sitting back down at her ships' control room, flicking her pearl off the throne, "if we touch hands, it will allow us to move in between eachother".

Yellow moved her ship in front of him and prepared her hand, Steven slowed down and reached his hand out, the two ships touched eachother and held hands, yellow smiled at him and turned off the diamond line saying, "time to reunite, Steven universe". Steven extiedly ran to where the hands touched. It had fused into one green corridor leading to each ship, yellow walked out with blue next to her, she'd been keeping blue in her ship. "Hey Steven", blue quietly said, yellow was holding onto her arm tightly, "we missed you, especially blue, she's been crying for you", "NO I HAVENT!", blue angrily replied, pulling yellow off her arm and hissing at her, "Oh blue, you cry over everything, no one believes you!", yellow laughed, Steven also laughed at this and flew up to his mother's face, "it's ok, mum!", he said, "I missed you so much too!".

Steven and blue sat in her bedroom to talk, durgy was sitting on her bed with them, someone the blue tiger had become giant, big enough for blue to ride in her normal diamond form. "Woah, how did durgy do that?", Steven asked, pointing at the giant, sleeping blue tiger. "One of the powers of my blue animals is that they can become big enough to help me at even my original size", blue explained, laying her head on durgy's fur. "That's so cool! Can I do that?", "if you find a dead thing and cry on it, you can", blue replied, yawning and nearly falling asleep on durgy.

"Steven, you know, I really want to say this to you", blue said, her tone more serious than usual, sounding like how she did before her corruption, "I am so proud of you, you're the most unique thing in this galaxy, truly one of a kind, you're so strong and able to use all these powers, when I was your age I was no where near you level, you're extraordinary". Steven listened closely, feeling quite emotional by his mother's words, "but, right now, I think yellow is taking us to homeworld to see white. I don't think you're ready for that, no one should see her", blue felt tears form in her eyes and slammed her eyes shut trying to stop them but couldnt, causing steven to cry and the entire room to be covered in dark blue energy. "I just want you to go back to earth, white diamond is....not like me or yellow, or even HER, she's something beyond our understanding, she'll hurt you steven, I know it".

The door to blue's room opened and there was yellow diamond, the aura hit her immediately, making very small tears form in her eyes, "I shouldn't have opened that door", she murmured to herself, walking in to check up on blue and steven. "Is she alright?" Yellow asked, blue rubbed away her tears, "yes I am yellow", she said, "I'm just scared about Steven meeting white diamond", yellow laughed at this, "I'm not taking him to see her! I'm taking you to see her!", she responded, "I looked very deep into this corruption thing ever since I got back into my ship, thanks to your pearl I was able to get quite a lot of into", she paced around the room, looking up at the greg posters confused. "I've come up with a theory, as me,you and white where the ones who created corruption we must be able to undo it! She'll be able to heal you, I'll do the talking, don't worry blue!", yellow gave her a little wink, blue didn't laugh at it. She just bowed her head and huffed.

"Yellow, maybe we shouldn't talk about white near mum," steven said. Yellow nodded and picked him up, walking him out of her room and to her ship. "Blue's changed so much over these past thousand years. Do you know what she once was like?", yellow asked steven, "I've only heard a bit", he replied. "Do you know why she is called the universal diplomat?", "the universal what? I think I've only heard Pearl kinda say that?", this shocked yellow who stopped dead in her tracks. "SHE NEVER EVEN TOLD YOU HER OWN STORIES! Oh, blue! Such little self confidence, but don't worry, I'll tell you her story, the leader blue once was, was something amazing, something I hope you'll be when you're older. "

Yellow took Steven to her room, it was filled with machines and patterns yellow had made herself, with lots of neatly organised papers she had written containing all her discoveries and theories along with very detailed maps of the stars and beyond. Yellow sat him down on the ground and sat opposite to him. She looked quite happy, seemingly excited to be telling steven a story from the past. "I've chosen a great story to tell you, one that truly encapsulates the great leader you mother....once was, are you ready?", Steven nodded. Yellow, like a pearl was able to project from her gem and turned all the lights of her room to do so, the yellow hologram from her gem lit up the entire wall and made the room look almost like a movie theatre.

"Back in the earliest days of era one, before the first colony and even the birth of pink diamond, homeworld was one planet, slowly growing in power. Homeworld was a planet feared by the other old empires that once ruled space. There where two of these old empires, the planet sankatoka with two colonies and the planet kheshmara, known for their space pirates that terrorised travelling gems.

Blue Diamond was very interested in these planets, and even though they wanted all gem kind dead, she kindly visited each planet on behalf of all gems as their supreme diplomat. Blue was very young then, barely 70, still physically about 19, back then she had her dark hair and she wore very long dark blue gloves and boots, a strange white, armour like shirt white made her wear with no sleeves that looked almost like the jacket wore under a blazer, it was long at the back like she was a weird buttler, and very short dark blue shorts that made her look ridiculous.

Blue's first visit was to sankatoka. They at first, greeted her well, with a large banquet with many fascinating meals and drinks blue automatically consumed without any concern. she loved studying the culture of all life she could find, and as these planets where the only intelligent life she was able to find, she was able to speak their languages fluently and understand their cultures well. "It is great to be able to Finally speak to one of you gems", the king of sankatoka said, giving blue a large glass of their equivalent of wine, on sankatoka this was a very rare delicacy and a sign of friendship.

Blue smiled and immediately drank the entire glass. The king and his entourage all smirked at blue, some laughing to themselves. The creatures of sankatoka, though intelligent and one of the universe's most powerful species, where foul looking creatures, all fat and green, with a slimy texture to their skin and small tentacles poking out their chins, they wore clothes similar to humans but on this day, the king so happened to be wearing a chest plate of gems, not just any gems but shards of our gems he had took during our small conflicts with his planet.

Blue drank the entire thing and slammed the glass on the table, shaking everything. The Kings men looked at eachother confused, some even bickering amongst eachother, "Did you not put the poison in!", "How much did you use!", "What if we mixed it up with our King's!?". Blue started to laugh at this, keeping eyecontact with the king, "you really think poison can kill me?", she got out the chair, "you're all pathetic", she summoned a ball of energy out her hand, making everyone try to escape but they couldn't, soon the entire Palace was destroyed.

The creatures of sankatoka where all naturally violent warriors, the slight ammount of violence could turn the entire species into brainless murderers, blue's attack caused thousands of them in the planets capital to rush at her, welding their weapons, but they where no match! Blue destroyed all that attacked her. After about 10 minutes, she had to wipe out the entire capital.

Blue called white on her diamond line, laying in the rubble of the capital she just annihilated, "Oh white! Why must we do this? This species thinks nothing but violence, and I now have had to kill so many! Are we gems doomed to permanently live in this state of violence!?", white understood blue's pain and sent me to help her. My ship landed in the capital to comfort her. It was also perfect timing as millions of those green demons were now rushing from all over their volcanos and seas to attack us. For days straight, me and blue were stuck, with our backs to each other doing nothing but attacking and destroying these monsters, one by one. after the seventh day it was finally over and all of sankatoka laid empty, blue was distraught she couldn't have been able to speak to them, so gave the planet to white, never touching it again.

"Woah, you and mum did all that on your own?", Steven asked, amazed but also kinda scared of what else his mother was capable of. "yes", yellow replied, "but blue never speaks of it, she never seemed to realise the beings of sankatoka barely had brains, they just consumed, they had three colonies of their own before we destroyed them, they where a threat to not just us but the entire universe".