Level 5.3

After the small celebration moment , Pax helped Theo clear the table , Grey volunteered for dishwashing. Felix zombie walked to the couch and ended up dozing off. The boys spent time recharging their energy battery in their own ways , Pax scribbled on a paper while thinking about things , Theo brewed some lavender tea accompanied by a meditation session, Felix was fast asleep on the couch dreaming about the medusa nebula ( Abell 21 ) , Grey tuned the frequency searching for any radio shows , luckily he found one that talks about miscellaneous things.

The clock ticked at 2 pm , the bell rang alerting all the bodies indicating that it's the reward time. The team gathered around the main area , they were shown the profile of the last suspect- Mr.Tawan,

Name : Mr

Name : Mr. Tawanatit Phongphetcharat
Age : 37
Description: He worked in a R&D lab before he got the job as a teacher in the high school. He has been working at St. Andrews high for 5 years . Tawan was the homeroom teacher as well as the chemistry teacher for Grade 11 - Class 1. He had unique nickname: Snape to the potter , he was the snape and potter were his students. He got the name cause of his grumpy and moody resting face that made people misunderstand him but it was the opposite he had a positive, bright personality that could light up the room. A lot of students would request a counselling session to learn his optimistic attitude , he was well appreciated and a role model for some.

Pax mocked ' I place on my bets on this guy. The list of suspicious things about him is getting bigger '. Theo nodded ' I do agree on the sus part , Why a teacher with a reputation like him is pronounced as a suspect...? I predict we're up for a big clue when we dig things about him '.

The wooden doors to a room opened, the boys followed the steps to find a setup of something. Felix read the board that hang outside the sliding door " Staff Room ", the door slid open revealing a bunch of desks piles with papers and other stuff. The team navigated through the mess and found Mr.Tawan's at the corner of the table.

Pax alerted them ' In his statements, he told that he was working overtime in the staff room when the third victim was killed'. The boys nodded, Theo instructed them ' Alright! Let's search the place , notify us when you find something', with that the team dispersed into individuals.

Theo picked up a folder titled  ' Attendance records' on the top of the piles of documents, he went through the pages to find the attendance sheets of Grade 11 - Class 1 , something was strange. The oldest notified the team that ' Suspect 1 - Day had been absent for most of the days in the months of April , June and July and the reason wasn't mentioned '. They took a mental note of it , so that the team could check when they unlock Day's profile.

Grey cautiously opened the rack of drawers, its worn wood groaning softly. His fingers sifted through the clutter until they landed on the teacher's bank book. Flipping through its crisp pages, he noticed something peculiar about the entries. He signalled the team , they took turns looking at the bank book. Felix questioned ' Why is there four entries of  25,000 baht credited every month..? Is it his salary..? '. Theo pondered awhile and answered ' The monthly salary for an average high school teacher in Bangkok typically ranges from around 30,000 to 50,000 Thai Baht. But , who in the world would get their monthly salary four times in a month. And the transaction says it's from S1 ~ S4, if it's the salary it will have the school's name. So, it's not the salary. Did he have N- number of jobs ? What is it ? '.

Pax cleared his throat turning all the attention towards the fluttering paper in his hand , he said ' We may not know where the money came from but I think I found the reason why he needed it..'

The notice paper was a debt reminder, Grey exclaimed ' Mr

The notice paper was a debt reminder, Grey exclaimed ' Mr.Tawan had a debt of 10 Million Baht, There's no way he could pay that off just with his salary. He was in trouble'. They found some more crumbled papers in the dustbin which turn out to be notices from bank to pay his debts. Felix placed a card on the table, creating a dull thud. He tapped on Theo's shoulders asking ' What is Macao world ? Theme park in Siam..?'. The boys broke into a cluster of giggles at Felix's innocence. They collectively answered ' It's a gambling ring '. The youngest eyed all the boys suspiciously asking ' How do you guys know? '. Theo shuffled the youngest's hair in a playful way saying ' Macao is nicknamed Gambling Capital of the World , if a place is named Macao world , obviously the owner is hinting on the purpose'. Felix pouted as felt embarrassed and turned around to search the documents to calm down. Pax brought up the suggestion' Mr.Tawan had borrowed 10 million baht and lost it in gambling which caused him the debt. Now , we just need to know what he did to get paid a whooping amount of one hundred thousand baht every month'.

Felix who was rustling through the documents earlier, laughed out loud which made the boys doubt their ears. The youngest explained ' I found what he did, While Pax was talking I found the teacher's ledger and went through it . The man had a bad habit of spending money , investing in dropping stocks, buying designer bags. He was on the ride for doom. Anyways, the last few pages of ledger had his weekend schedules. The names got my attention: Anog, Book ,Gill and Yok. He had met them two weekends out of four that typically exist in a month. Another important thing to be noted is that , it's marked S1, S2 , S3 and S4 besides their name label '.

The boys collectively yelled ' He had been tutoring them. The money was from them '. Grey raised a question ' By the looks of it , he kept it hidden. Why...? '.

The hacker who was tapping the table in a rhythmic interval with his index finger quietly mumbled ' Back then , I presume it would have been illegal to tutor the students from the same school if you're a full time teacher working there ' , it was loud enough for everyone to hear as the boys were standing close to each other.

Grey had been staring at the folder rack since they started talking about debts , the small space between the yellow and green folder boxes caught his eye. He put his hands in , something hit his palm, he pulled it out. It was a stapled collection of papers, he went through it realising that the teacher had doing this too. Grey gathered the boys explaining how he found the documents, he added ' Look at this , these are the evaluation papers for the olympiad selection. I was already thinking " The victim passed the selection round then he must have competed with someone for that place " , from these I came to know that Day and Maple participated in the selection rounds of the chemistry olympiad. Now , Look at the evaluation part. Tawan gave 75 for Maple's paper while marking 25 for Day's paper. As someone who had won the Olympiad, I went through the participants papers. It was so funny that a paper like Maple could ever pass. Concluding that Mr. Tawan had deliberately passed Maple. But , Why...? '.

Pax teased ' Maybe she paid him off '. The others face palmed at the sense of his mind.

" OH MIO WAA !! "

Theo's sudden expletive echoed sharply, immediately seizing the attention of the boys nearby. Their surprised gazes locked onto him, eyebrows raised in disbelief at the unexpected swear word from someone known for their restraint. Ignoring their incredulous stares, Theo strode purposefully towards the desk, his heart pounding with a mix of apprehension and determination. With steady hands, he reached into one of the drawers, his fingers fumbling until they closed around the familiar shape of the teacher's hidden mobile phone, a glimmer of triumph flashing in his eyes.

He opened the messaging app at gestured at the last received message....

-x-