Game Over(2)

Previously ,

They took turns explaining how they solved the case , the mechanical voice slowly modified into an unknown human voice that said " Thanks for your effort..."

__________

" Thanks for your effort , I think it's time for you to know the truth. The case you solved is a real one that happened in 2014. Let me take you all back to what really happened. The luxurious mansion , servants standing in a row , expensive life. That sounds delightful isn't it..? It was the opposite for me. My life was a mess , not a simple one but an awful one. It was 2013 , when hell broke down in my house. My parents never had a loving marriage , even a 9-year old was aware of it. One day in late June , my dad brought a boy to our house. My mother broke into an ear piercing cry that left everyone speechless. Apparently, the boy that my dad brought in was his child. He explained that he didn't know that the girlfriend he had on the freshman year was pregnant. And it was buried by his father to keep the pride of the empire they have built for decades. The boy looked soft and kind unlike my prude and arrogant dad, guess he took after his mom. It was shocking for him that my mother had known everything and left the kid to suffer in this cruel world  to survive on his own after his mother passed away five years ago. My dad broke into pieces , the guilt was driving him crazy. He tried to kick out mom , but she threw divorce papers on him and went her way. In my eyes , he looked pathetic and foolish. That's when he lost himself and started to neglect a child he still had. Even when I try to hate the boy who brought all this , I couldn't cause he treated me like no one has ever did. All I could see in  his eyes was love , care and adoration for me. How could he be like that...? I stole his place...He didn't even say the words I hate you even as a playful joke. I was grateful for his existence , that's the best year I had. Until , one day my dad ordered me to change into black clothes. I was too smart of my age , I ran to the lounge. My legs went out at the sight of my dead brother Paul , his lifeless body rested on the cooler box , the police around him told me that he ended his life by himself. I didn't believe their words , I knew him , he's a person who overcame his dreadful life with brightest smile I have ever seen. As a 10-year old nobody took me serious , I had enough of the adults. I can't bring back my brother to life , at least I can bring him peace. I knew he didn't kill himself , he was killed. Being the powerful family had it's perks , I made sure to hide all the evidence that police were trying to discard so that the case will be concluded as suicide. I didn't have enough power to stop them , my dad heard about what I was doing and sent me to study abroad. Nine years passed , I couldn't solve the case. I was desparate as the statue of limitations were nearing. I created the system where people like me to come together and solve the case. That's when I heard about the F4 ranking system. It was too good not to use. People work the most efficient when they are under fear, that explains the game becoming a death game. When the week ends , it will be the day statute of limitations ends. I went all-in gambling putting my trust on you all. But , befriending you all wasn't part of my plan. Each of you healed me in a different way , that wasn't part of the plan , you made a person with severe trust issues like me to believe you were reliable that wasn't part of the plan , Making me realize that I'm a human with feelings and that I'm being hard on myself , that wasn't part of the plan , Me getting friends for life , that wasn't part of the plan. The evidence that you found is preserved and it will automatically be sent to the criminal department with the case files. Thank you , my brother will finally be able to rest in peace. Prik misunderstood my brother being related to her father's death. He were classmates with Emma, all those things happened in real life. While the three sat on the back seat , he sat on the front seat. I remember my brother pulling all-nighter for three days to submit his artwork to an exhibition. He didn't want to attend the school trip , I was the one who convinced him. On the ride , the exhaustion took over him and he passed out. When he opened his eyes , he was on the hospital. My brother kept it a secret that guilt of not being able to save the driver was engulfing him. He became a victim to the game of revenge. It enraged me to know that an innocent person like him was killed and labeled as a illegitimate son of the president took his life feeling disgusted by it. That's how the media reported it , like f**k they knew about him. But , What I did to you... Sorry for being selfish , I could never forgive myself for that...'

The voice stopped and the LED turned black. Silent tear drops fell on the floor , the voice was a bit too familiar for them. The next second , the bracelets on their wrist unlocked themselves and fell on the floor. The doors to the garage opened giving back their world to them. Felix turn around asking Grey ' Where's Pax ? '. The panic sunk in , he was missing. Theo spoke up ' That didn't feel like an explanation rather it was like a farewell message '. Upon hearing those words , Felix dashed outside.

As the boy dashed up the narrow stairs from the dimly lit basement, adrenaline coursed through his veins, propelling him towards the rooftop. Behind him, his two friends hustled to keep pace, their footsteps echoing off the concrete walls. With each step, they ascended higher, the urgency of their mission driving them forward. Finally, bursting through the door to the rooftop, they were greeted by the cool night air and the sprawling cityscape illuminated by the glow of streetlights. There stood the man they were searching for , hands in the pocket , feet on the edge , standing tall watching the far buildings. Felix screamed ' Pax !! Don't do it '.

Pax said ' It's too late for that my love , by this time I would have already been charged with kidnapping and attempted murder. I wouldn't ask for forgiveness , I could never '. Theo sighed and maintained a stable tone saying ' Pax , Do you think we didn't know..? Do you think it made sense for that house to have a freaking fridge that had all types of foods each of us liked ? Do you think it even made sense for us to live in that house when we were playing a death game ? Do you think it would have made sense for us that an elite hacker like you did less to nothing when we found one not two phones and  Mr.Tawan's macbook that grey caught you hiding. You never intended to kill us not even harm us. Who are you kidding Paxy !! One by one , around the last mission , we all knew that you were host and creator of the system. Yet , we stayed and kept your secret a secret. We are friends Pax remember that...Friends understand each other and will be there for each other at all hard times. That's what we did. There's no need for forgiveness , we were never mad at you in the first place. Now , get down from the platform like a good kid you are '.

Pax gave out a bittersweet smile ' Ahh , P'Theo. You continue to amaze me , I deviated a lot from the plan Phi but I intend to keep the ending as it was '. Grey froze in his tracks , he was never good at negotiations given a one that causes a life to live or end. Felix smiled as he softly called the boy's name , ' Paxton ~ Now , that's come down to this. Let me use the wish coupon. You remember it , Right ? '. The boy standing on the edge nodded. Felix calmly said ' Alright ! I wish for you to come stand next to me. You know that , once someone uses a wish coupon. It needs  to be followed and you agreed '. Pax smirked at his clever antics saying ' What if I call that coupon invalid '. Felix smiled back at him confidently saying ' Then , I will jump with you '. Pax's face dawned to frustration. He knew that the boy standing in front of him is fully capable of doing that. Theo nodded at the scene as he knew Pax was always considerate , he had habit of thinking of others before him. So , when Felix says that , his mind will drag back to the youngest's grandparents. Pax could never bring misery to others.

The boy standing on the edge , looked at the sky. Tears drops rolled down his cheeks as he mumbled ' I guess you blessed me with three good people for life. P'Paul , You will be disappointed to see me break that promise right ? I won't '. He took a long breathe , wiped his tears and turned around stepping his foot down. But, unfortunately the boy misplaced his footing on a loose tile, and he stumbled backward, his arms failing in air. He closed his eyes tight waiting for the cruel impact , but it never came. He opened his eyes to see Felix holding his waist and then being pulled upwards. Moments back when Pax looked distracted mumbling something at the sky , Grey collected all their outerwears and tied it's one end to the strongest pillar he could find and another end on Felix's thin waist. The boy had predicted what about to happen that saved lives. Now , Theo and Grey slowly pulled the boys up with all their strength.

Once they reach the safe ground , the boys gently hit Pax which gradually became a group hug. The relief washed through their bodies as they walked out the doors of the building keeping it an unknown rule that all this week they were on a spontaneous road trip to Phuket like it was planned to.

- The End -

AN : My gosh , I finally completed it. See you on my special note ~

Did you expect it ? Did you catch the killer ?

-x-