Level 7.1

After completing their adventurous mission, the four boys found themselves exhausted. Felix, drained from the day's events, sprawled out on the couch, his muscles aching. Theo, feeling the fatigue in his bones, opted to settle for the floor, seeking a basic level of comfort. Meanwhile, Grey was already deep in slumber on his bed, oblivious to the world around him. Pax, the ever-attentive friend, noticed Felix's shivering form and fetched a blanket, gently draping it over him. With a sense of satisfaction, Pax proceeded to rinse the rice and set the rice cooker in motion before joining his friends in the land of dreams.

Some object flew around recording the boys and the room , it looked like it was searching something. Grey turned around sleep talking which made the object tumble on the wall while doing an attempt of hiding behind the book racks. The timer on its body ticked at 2-1-0 , the object transmitted its last signal before self destructing itself silently.

—————

The alarm rang at 2 pm alerting everyone in the house blasting the siren sound giving heart attack to some people. All seemed to question ' Is it a fire ? ' , ' Earthquake.. I don't feel any vibrations..Is it cause I slept on my belly..? ' . Theo crawled to the table next to him and hit the stop bar. Now, they were wide awake. Grey pulled his bird nest hair trying to adjust it saying ' Phi , I think I am hungry'. Theo looked up half smiling at boy's hair and grubby face , he gestured him to call others.

It took them a couple of minutes to settle down on the floor each backing up on the wall still a bit aching everywhere. Pax notified them that he had already left rice to cook , it must be ready now. Theo looked at each of them , they looked tired. The oldest convinced them that he would cook , as expected Pax was the hard to convince as the boy was worried about their lunch and he didn't want his brother to get hurt by his clumsy nature. They settled on Pax helping to chop the veggies , the oldest can cook with them. The duo scanned the contents of the fridge, assessing what remained: spring onions, cabbage, tofu, carrots, eggs, long beans, and a bit of beef. Both nodded in agreement at the idea of making fried rice. Pax swiftly chopped the tofu into bite-sized cubes while also cutting the vegetables into smaller pieces.Theo began to heat up the pan, readying it for their culinary creation.

Meanwhile, the two were left alone on the couch. Felix thought about something ' I don't think I'm reading it wrong, P'Pax has considerate nature but it's enhanced with me. How should I consider this...maybe I look like a kid in his eyes so he takes care of me ? There's no way that he l-likes me ... does he ? Shit I'm jumping into conclusions again'. Someone poked his cheeks clearing the thought bubble, Felix followed the hands , Grey smiled at him asking ' It looked like you were distracted with something. Are doing alright? '. Felix nodded at his question, for some reason he felt like that should not be discussed with Grey.

Pax sat down next to Felix and they started a commentary panel for Theo's live cooking show. Spending just a week together, the boys got close knitted and synced up that they could make spontaneous comedic skits , that was their way of passing time and having fun. Theo complained about something, the three moved their hands slowly vertically on the invisible air looking like the viewers pulling down the volume bar to mute. The oldest was dumbfounded at their action while almost burning the spring onions. Theo tossed in the all veggies in a specific time interval and added the tofu and fried beef , giving it a stir. He took out soy sauce and black bean sauce, pouring them into the rice, he gestured the boys that the lunch is almost done.

Pax arranged the table with plates and spoons, Grey made egg wraps for the rice. Felix placed four glasses filled up with water on the table. Theo came with his hands busy holding up four big plates. The younger ones awed at the Jajang rice hidden inside the well cooked egg wraps garnish with strips of cheese. Felix quickly fetched the plates from Theo and placed one per chair. They were eating it deliciously, Theo looked relieved that he didn't mess up , his Jajang rice got good ratings from the critics.

———————

After an hearty meal , the boys relaxed in their own ways. The clumsy duo did some full body workouts, slightly regretting their decision of doing that after a full meal and ended up switching to yoga. Pax were watching them , Grey was reading the old newspapers. The clumsy duo looked so peaceful that made the twin duo to join their meditation session.

The bell rang indicating that it's time for another profile , Theo grabbed their notepads , Felix grabbed two water bottles and they rushed to gather in front of the LED Mirror.

Name : Emma / Emma Elizabeth Grace
Age : 16 , Grade 11 Class 03
Description: She transferred to this school a year before. A typical high schooler, social butterfly but doesn't have anyone with a legitimate bond. People know her for only one reason, the friend of the trio.

The wooden doors unlocked revealing R.No 301 , the girls dorm. The boys stepped inside cautiously, and began their search. Pax glanced at the dressing table, a ring looked familiar. He picked it up calling others ' Guys ! Have we seen this before? ' . Theo examined it saying ' I think the victims had a ring like this '. Felix shrugged his shoulders saying ' Maybe friendship rings ', Grey nodded saying ' Looks like it but what's strange about this one is that , it's a replica. What those three girls had was platinum rings , this one is just stainless steel coated with silver made to look like platinum '. Pax wondered while suggesting ' Then , it means Emma made these herself. But why ...? '. Theo sighed saying ' I think I know why, she desperately wanted to join the trio. She wanted them to acknowledge her and accept her as a friend so that she could influence the power on her classmates. She was inferior but at the same time feeling superior to her schoolmates. That's ambivalence or conflicting emotions , she needed help '. They glanced at the partition on the corner realising Emma had a roommate.

The boys left Theo's words to sink in , while Pax went through the drawers under the desk , he called them as the boy found something. Theo opened the messaging app , he found a suspicious one.

Sent :

" I will do anything " to Maple , 01/04/14

Pax made his opinion ' Was she blackmailed or something...? ' . The boys were confused just then it hit Grey , he moved towards the drawers and grabbed the letter. The others questioned what it was , he answered ' Emma was hiding something, this letter is from her father '. Pax examined it , he gasped ' This mark...The letter is sent from Jail '. Grey nodded ' Exactly, remember the partition. The dorms will have keys and Emma's one had two initials. " EG & M " , the third victim Maple was her roommate. I think she found this letter and threatened her claiming it's a betrayal that she never told them that. Emma would have wanted a peaceful high school life but Maple being like this wouldn't help with that. Thus , she sent that message obliging to anything that trio says so that they will keep her secret hidden '.

The others nodded , Theo questioned ' That's not a strong motive to kill all the three. Still, I can't find the reason why she became a suspect '. Felix mumbled ' My bets are still on that Day guy , his alibi was fishy '. The search ended in vain and they returned back not able to find why Emma became a suspect.

-x-