Chapter 3

Storm

"Why the hell is this taking so long?" Duke asked as he leaned against his motorcycle and breathed a sigh of relief.
"They're women..." Gears answered shortly, and Duke turned to him.
"What the heck is wrong with you?" Duke asked, laughing as he gave him a critical look.
"We go to a store to buy and order what we need and leave. Women look for the best things in different stores. They take longer, that's what he's saying," I added, to which Gears just nodded.
That's exactly how Gears and I did our orders for the shops. We were both finished after half an hour, and he even waited for me. We couldn't leave the Ol' Ladies alone, so Duke accompanied them, and I knew there was no question that they would drag him from one store to the next.
Nora's wedding seemed to be a huge deal for Alice. She put a lot of effort into it, and you could see that she was happy to do it out of love for her brother Ace and his Nora.
Erin was excited because it had been a long time since the last wedding, and Ivy just wanted to drink.
She never turns down free drinks. I don't know any woman who could drink as much as Ivy without getting really drunk. We've been to the bar together many times, and boy, can she drink.
After all the things we had going on, the wedding seemed to be a great distraction, and everyone had fun preparing for it... everyone except Duke, who carried the women's bags with a stressed face as he followed them the whole time.
"We've been here for two hours! I'm hungry," Duke snorted and looked again at the store where the girls were now.
"Well, you really wanted to come with me. So act like a man, trash boy," I said, laughing, to which he just exhaled deeply.
"I had to go to a damn underwear store!" He told me and Gears, which made us laugh out loud. "These chicks are crazy," he added.
When they came out after a while, and this time they were obviously happy, I was relieved. This was the fifth store we visited, and Duke was already fed up.
"All done!" Alice announced happily.
"Fucking Finally!" Duke exclaimed with relief.
He was carrying more bags with him as he carelessly threw everything into Alice's car.
"Duke! What are you doing?" Alice shouted angrily as he threw the bags in and slammed the door of the car.
"It's time for Duke to take a breath," he said and pointed to the beach behind us.
We followed him as he took a deep breath and looked around.
"Look at all these women!" he exclaimed enthusiastically, and Gears looked at me with a raised eyebrow.
"He needs an exorcist!" he said, and Ivy laughed at that.
"But it's nice here. Why don't we stay for a while?" she asked, and all the girls looked at me.
"Fine!" I replied and rolled my eyes. How can I say no with all the puppy eyes of the Ol' Ladies looking at me.
We attracted far too many curious looks, which I didn't like. We were used to people staring at us, our bikes, the cuts - always a group of big guys seemed to catch people's eyes.
My brothers from the club were all big, strong men, but I always stood out.
As a boy, I was the thinnest and smallest, which you couldn't tell now with my 6'6" and the muscles I spent years building. The looks we got were divided, mostly curiosity but often also contempt and fear, the bad biker boys.
I was a proud rider of the "No Limits" and put my heart and blood into my club. The only place where I could be myself, everything except the community was just exhausting for me.
The women stared at us and their husbands looked down on us as if they were something better. Only children were always enthusiastic about bikes. That's why I like children, pure souls.
We were rarely spoken to, I don't know whether that was because of our appearance or because of the prejudices that were known worldwide against all bikers.
I couldn't be less interested in what others thought of us. I knew who we were and what we stood for. That was enough.

"How about you pay for our meal?" Ivy asked cheekily, and Duke rolled his eyes.
"It's like babysitting," he replied, to which the girls laughed.
"We convinced Storm to stay. You owe it to us!" said Nora, who looked at Duke, and he looked at me questioningly.
"Since when are you the best friend of the Ol' Ladies?" he asked, confused.
"Since you're led by your cock, and all you see is pussy on the beach," Gears said, and I held back my laughter.
We spent the day shopping and eating, only to sit later on the beach staring at the water. The family I found in No Limits was there for each other, and we spent a lot of time together.
After lunch, the Ol' Ladies wanted to go back to the beach, and we sat on the sand as they took their selfies and frolicked around.
I recorded a video to send to King and Ace as I watched over  their girls. The two women had been going through a difficult time and seemed to be coping with the help of the shrink who came to us. Somehow, Dr. Owen had more of us as patients now. The woman will still have a lot of work with us. If she's lucky, she'll have enough until she retires.
She helped me when my mom died, and her father helped me grow through my difficult times when I came to No Limits.
My depression was obvious to J.J, and he took me to Dr. Owen, the older man who helped me find my self-worth and completely destroyed my desire to take my own life. He was one of the people who saved my life and He was now retired. His daughter then took over his job, and I think she will still be pretty busy with us.
An Owens family business in our community with many suffering people who lived there and needed help.
I knew that my brothers would be happy when I showed them their girls who ran through the water without a care in the world. They deserved to be happy, all of them.
Alice bought a huge sun hat, and Duke laughed at her when she posed with it.
Her baby bump was not yet visible, but she seemed to tolerate the pregnancy well. She was literally beaming, and we were happy for her and Wrath.
Soon our biker family will be bigger and a little biker or biker princess will join us. With so many uncles, the children of our community will never have to go through what I experienced in my childhood. They will never be alone, live in fear, or wish for death. Happy childhood – something I never had, but I am proud that my brothers' kids will have. I will never have children myself. The constant fear that my child won't be well when I'm not there... I don't think I could ever handle that. I'm just too messed up to ever have a family, and the one I have now is enough for me.

"You look ridiculous in that thing!" Duke called out to her, and laughed about her hat as she pouted.
"You're just jealous because your huge skull is too big for any hat, Trash boy," Ivy told him, and we all laughed.
I love this family.
Gears seemed to be taking a nap, and I was getting impatient too; I had to go back to the tattoo studio.
"Do you think we can go home now?" I asked the girls, who protested but still agreed to make our way to Las Flores.
Duke jumped up with happiness and shook off the sand when a few girls turned to him and looked at him. He was a huge flirt and a real chick magnet, which we all knew. He was always a bachelor who loved his life, and all the women in it were welcome to him.
He winked at the girls in front of us, and they giggled at him, which the Ol' Ladies watched with confused faces.
"Have you ever ridden on a bike?" he asked the blonde who glared at him.
"No," she replied in a sweet voice.
"Then you should start practicing with the biker," the Ol' Ladies shouted in one voice, which made Duke turn to them.
"You're messing with my pick-up line," he said with his hands raised as the girls laughed loudly.
I had to laugh myself as I walked past Duke and slapped him on the back of the head.
"Let's go," I told him, and he ran after me, nagging.
Duke told us about how many women had already heard the saying and thought it was great, which made us all laugh even more.
The girls made fun of Duke and his pick-up lines that even Gears started to tease him.
"Have you fallen from heaven? Because I think I see an angel in front of me!" Ivy shouted, snorting with laughter.
"Do you believe in love at first sight, or should I come in again?" Gears added as they teased Duke.
"I'm so bad in bed, you have to experience it once," Erin reminded Duke of his own saying as everyone laughed.
"Give me a break. You're killing the Duke vibe!" he replied, laughing.
We walked along the beach in the direction where our bikes and car were parked. I don't like Laguna Beach, but today was really good. We had fun and also got something done, work and play, that's how I liked it every day.
As I was about to go to the stairs that led to the street where we parked, a woman ran into me.
She stormed down the stairs, turning and looking behind her, and didn't see me as she collided with me. The woman groaned when we collided, and I'm sure she hurt herself as she fell on the floor. Her heavy breathing told me that she was in a hurry and had obviously been running for some time.
Jesus Christ, lady, you have to be more careful; you're going to hurt yourself like this.