Epilogue

Storm

Although I expected that Tom would come to criticize us, or at least set up a video meeting, that didn't happen.
The only thing we heard were King's words as he told us what he knew. Maria was dead, and Carol and Sam were in prison. After she found out about her mother's death, she said that her mother had Dante killed, not knowing that she was a knowing accomplice and therefore going to prison. And she made sure that Sam followed her...pathetic.
David was seriously injured in the hospital and was being guarded by police, which is what Tom was now concentrating on because he really wanted him alive to get information.
Whatever Jon sent him seemed to be important, and from his words, he was on the trail of a now powerful man whose accomplices were obviously already deceased. Whoever this man was, Jon obviously knew him which led to his death. He managed to send the important things hidden to Tom, only to die shortly afterward.
The newspaper said it was a heart attack...but we all knew it was more than a heart attack.
Tom didn't show up after everything that happened and, to be honest, I didn't care.
I had Josie back and enjoyed every day with her since then.
And days have passed...many of them, actually.
It's been two months since she moved in with me, and I was the happiest man in the world.
Nora and Ace postponed their wedding because of everything that happened, and today was the day they finally got married.

"I'm going to throw up," I heard Ace say as he paced back and forth in the room.
"What's your problem...you've been living with her like you're married for months, and now you're panicking?" Duke asked, laughing as he watched him go.
"That's something important..." Ace replied to which Doc laughed.
"He's just excited," he said, to which I nodded.
"How do I look?" Ace asked as he looked in the mirror, and Duke raised an eyebrow.
"Like an accountant," he replied, to which King started laughing loudly. "We all do," he added pulling on his trousers.
"You look good, brother...no worries," Wrath reassured him as he patted him on the shoulder while looking at him in the reflection.
"If you're ready, the guests will be waiting," I heard Void say, looking out the window at Evelyn and John's house.
We all stood in Ace's old room while the women got ready with Nora in their house. Ace's nervousness seemed contagious, and King started to push.
"Get out of here now," he shouted, to which I laughed and Ink opened the door.

Our street was strewn with flowers and ribbons that decorated everything comfortably and stylishly, decorated by Alice. Arches of white flowers made it look like an altar with chairs standing next to each other and a passageway scattered with petals that made everything seem fairytale-like.
At the end of the corridor, there was a platform on which the local priest stood and waited patiently.
The entire community, all members and the originals even the prospects were already sitting on the chairs and awaiting the start of the event.
Duke just talked about the band and the alcohol that followed, to which I shook my head with a laugh. Alice tried very hard, and I was sure there would be a huge party after the ceremony because the whole street was decorated like a ballroom. There were tables around. Lots of them, in fact, and a huge long table in the middle where we were supposed to sit down later.
The food was prepared early, and there was a huge cake in the fridge when Duke and I brought the cases of alcohol in the morning.
Ace greeted the Priest warmly as we all lined up and looked nervously in the direction Nora was supposed to come from.
Evelyn sat in the front row and was already wiping her tears out of joy about the holy bond that will soon be made.
The ol' ladies were the first to come down the aisle in their same dresses and I couldn't hide my grin when I saw Josie.

She was so beautiful; I couldn't hide my enormous smile.
They were all wearing rose-colored dresses which were very elegant and made them all look beautiful...however, my eyes were only on Josie who was looking at me with a smile.
The same band that Duke once found started playing a rock version of the wedding march, and we all looked up as Nora walked towards us at John's side.
Her white, fluttering dress shone in the sun and was dotted with small, glittering stones that made her look like a princess.
I have never seen a man cry like Ace did when he saw his Nora. He was a strong man who didn't show much of his emotions, but today he was deeply touched.
"You're a lucky guy," John said to him, to which he nodded, crying, and took his future wife's hand as he wiped his tears.

The ceremony ended with their vows, and even I had to choke with emotions as Nora spoke deeply emotionally about her and Ace's story in a shaking voice.
They loved each other truly, and you could tell that when the priest pronounced them husband and wife and he took her in his arms in a sensual kiss.
The cheers from the entire community were so loud that Ace held his wife, laughing as he whispered something in her ear.
"Now that this is done... Let's get shitfaced!" Duke shouted, causing everyone to cheer even more.
The party was more than we all expected, great food and a lot of booze, only Doc seemed preoccupied as he sat alone at a table.
After the first dance together, the bride and groom invited everyone to the dance floor, and I skillfully twirled Josie as we celebrated, laughing with the others.
The tradition of the bridal bouquet was also completed with Ivy grabbing the bouquet and looking at King.
"You know what that means!" She shouted triumphantly to which we all laughed.
As the celebration reached its high point, we all watched the fireworks in the night sky.
Alice did a great job and was happy hugging Wrath and Drew overwhelmed with emotions.
I kept my arms around Josie as she stood in front of me and leaned against me.
"I love you," I whispered in her ear, and she turned to me and smiled.
"I love you too," she replied as she hugged me. "Let's go home," she said, wiggling her eyebrows.
I couldn't help but laugh as I threw her over my shoulder and carried her out of the party.
I'll never get enough of her... I was sure of that.