Chapter 3

I woke up the next morning, feeling exhausted.

I looked at my surroundings, finding Kelsey knocked out next to me on the couch. I got up and looked for my phone. I couldn't find it anywhere.

"Kelsey, wake up," i whispered, tapping her lightly. She's still asleep. "KELSEY!" I yelled. "Uh what?" She said under her breath. I didn't hear her but I knew she was up.

"Kelsey, I lost my phone. Do you know where it is?"
"Yeah it's on the counter, I think". She looked at me, with a weird face. I walked to the counter finding my phone right there. I checked to see what time it was.

10:35am

I have 4 missed calls, from Jake. I started having feeling in my stomach. I know I didn't do anything wrong. I least that I known of.
I dialed his number.

Kelsey yelled from the kitchen,"I'm making breakfast!" "Okay!" I yelled back. I hope she makes those home pancakes. Those are my favorite when she makes them.

"Hello?"
"Hey."
"Brooke? Hey sorry if I've been distant. It's the quarterfinals in the season and we lost. I got really pissed and needed time to think. How was the party?"
"It was good. Kelsey introduced me to this new cousin. His name is Shawn."
"Shawn? Do I know him?" I can already tell where this is going. Every time I mention a guy, he gets so jealous.
"No. He doesn't go to our school. Look, don't worry I'm fine. Shawn and I are just friends. That's it." I said, trying to stay calm.
"Alright... Hey, I got to go, call you later?" Jake said.
"Ok. Bye."
"Bye. Love you." Jake said, and started making kissing noises.
"You too"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Today is a great day to start summer.

Kelsey and I spent the whole day shopping. We even picked out new bathing suits. I got mine in blue because it's my favorite color and hers in pink.

When we went back to Kelsey place, We decided to order pizza and stay in. I heard there's the new season of Orange is the New Black and I've been dying to see it.

I heard everyone loves that Ruby Rose chick. I really don't know why.

Time passed and I checked my phone.

9:00pm

"Hey, I should be heading home." I said to Kelsey. "Alright. I'll drop you off."

The car ride was quiet. I don't know why. We are always talking. Even if we don't know what to talk about, we talk.

"Is everything okay?" I asked her.
"It's all good in the hood" she looked at me with a smile.
"Haha, ok." I laughed.

"Have you talked with Jake?"she asked as she made a left in my neighborhood. "Yeah, he said he had problems with basketball. I'm thinking he loves basketball more than me". I said in a small chuckle. "Don't worry, he'll come around."she said, smiling at me. "I hope so."

"Ok. Here's our stop."
"Thanks for today Kels. I had fun."
"Me too. I'm so glad to have you around. "

I smiled. "You too. Goodnight." I shut the door and walked to my house, got my keys and went inside. Mom should be asleep by now.

I went upstairs, took a shower, changed into my pajamas and checked my phone one last time before bed.

Jake hasn't called. Maybe because he had basketball. But all day? And he didn't even text me once since he called this morning.

Ugh whatever I'll call in the morning.