Chapter 11

"Brooke?"

"Oh hey Shawn."

Shawn? What was Shawn doing here?

"Well I guess we're neighbors now" he said smiling.

I guess that Kelsey was right, he did get over everything it's like it never happened. Why can't I get it off my mind?

"I knew this place seemed familiar." I laughed.

He smiled and we started to bring boxes into the house. I kept all of my boxes to a certain part of the truck and I also labeled them.

Shawn and I took those up to my room while everyone else helped carry the big things into the house.

Once the truck was empty, Kelsey wasn't here yet so Shawn and I started to unpack all my boxes in my room.

There was a sudden burst through the door which caused both Shawn and I to jump.

"This. Place. Is. Beautiful." Kelsey smiled.

I ran up to her and hugged her. "So Shawn is your new neighbor I see"

"Sadly." I sad sarcastically.

He glared at me then smiled before returning back to unpacking boxes.

Shawn went downstairs and Kelsey and I finished setting up my room. Once it was perfect we went downstairs.

Everyone was sitting at our kitchen table or standing around the kitchen.

"Hey Brooke, I got to go my mom needs me at home" she said with a sigh before shoving her phone into her purse.

"Aww, alright I'll call you later!" I smiled and hugged her before I watched her go out the door.

I grabbed a warm water off the counter, since everything hasn't been put into the fridge yet, before making my way upstairs. The sun was just beginning to set and it was beautiful.

I walked outside onto my balcony, taking in the beautiful view from my beautiful new house.

"It's beautiful isn't it" Shawn said from behind me making me jump.

"Wow, you scared me so bad." I said laughing a little before smiling "yes, it is very beautiful."

"Much like you" he said staring off into the sunset "I mean" he snapped out of it and looked at me before quickly looking back "yeah, probably the best place to see the sunset or sunrise here on the Northside."

I smiled to myself in my head, but I kept a straight face. "Nice" I said blankly.

I can not, will not fall for Shawn. He's just a friend. And will never be anything more.

"It's nice here because on a clear night you can see thousands of stars, it's far enough away from the city"

I let out a faint smile but I stayed silent.

"Alright, well goodnight Brooke." he smiled.

"Goodnight Shawn" I half smiled back before walking back inside as Shawn walked out my door and shut it.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

The next morning I woke up to the rays of sun shinning through the curtains.

I got out of bed and walked down the stairs to see my mom sitting at the table.

"Hey mom!" I said as I grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge.