Chapter 8

The next morning I woke up to a loud banging sound. I shot out of bed and remembered I wasn't in my house. Memories of last night were flooding through my head.

I should have never kissed him.

God I'm so stupid.

What if he gets the wrong message? I don't want a boyfriend right now.

I mean Shawn is definitely boyfriend material... but I've only hung out with him what three times? four times?

I slowly walked downstairs and found Shawn eating a muffin.

"Good morning" he said with a big smile.

"Morning" I half smiled.

"What's the matter?" he asked.

Oh, I should have never kissed you because I don't think of you like that.

"Nothing" I said as I grabbed a muffin off the table.

"You sure?"

No.

"Yeah." I took a bite of my muffin. "This is delicious!"

"They're my favorite." Shawn laughed. "So what do you want to do today?"

"Uhm, I think I'm going to go Kelsey's."

"Oh."

"Not that I don't want to hang out with you," I said nervously "I just have some catching up to do with Kelsey, find out how her date with Matt went."

He let out a small smile. "Alright, I can take you over there."

I got out my phone and texted Kelsey.

B- Hey, I need to come over. Now.

K- Why, what's up?

B- I need to tell you something...

K- omg are you breaking up with me ??? :(

I laughed a little. She's such a dork.

B- You guessed it! No, but can I come over in like 15 minutes?

K- Sure, I have something I need to tell you too anyway.

B- Okay, see you in a little bit.

"Kelsey said I can come over in 15 minutes, I'll just go upstairs and change so I can give you your clothes back." I said getting up from where I was sitting.

"No it's fine, just give them back to me next time you see me." he smiled.

"Alright, thank you."

An awkward silence fell over us. I was picking at my nails and Shawn was eating another muffin.

"Hey Shawn," I said nervously "About last night..."

He sighed "Don't sweat it, I know you just got out of a relationship and you didn't mean too... I know I've heard it all before."

He seemed disappointed and I was a little taken back. What does he mean I've heard it all before?

"What do you mean you've heard it all before?" I asked confused.

"Everytime a girl kisses me she always tells me she didn't mean too or that she regrets it. Its nothing don't worry about it." he smiled and got up to go grab his car keys.

"It's not that I didn't like it Shawn. Its not like you're a bad person. It's just that I just got out of a long term relationship and we have only known each other a short time and I just don't think of you like that and-"

"I get it." he said as he was putting on his hoodie.

"Oh" was all I could think to say.

We hopped in the car and he drove me to Kelsey's. I got out of the car and waved bye to him. He just half smiled and drove away.

I sighed. Why do I always fuck things up?

I knocked on Kels door and she opened it a few seconds later.

"Hey Brooke!" she said a little too cheerfully as she engulfed me in a hug.

"Hey" I said.

We went inside and sat down on her couch.

"Who's car was that that dropped you off?"

"Shawns..." I said slowly.

"Shawn? Why were you with Shawn?"

"Well you see, yesterday after we got done hanging out I went home and my mom wasn't home and I didn't have my key and you weren't answering your phone so I was going to sleep outside and then Shawn pulled up and said he was worried about me and that I should come back to his house to sleep and then when we were in the car he kissed me and he kept apologizing and I felt bad so I kissed him and it got heated and then we went inside and we slept in the same bed nothing happened but I feel like I gave him the wrong message and when I tried to tell him it didn't really meant anything he told he heard it all before and I feel really bad..." I took a deep breath.

"Well, uhm. I guess there's nothing really wrong with any of that... you're single? it's not like you cheated on anyone or really hurt anyone? Shawn will get over it and forgive you and you'll be back to normal. And damn you talk fast." she laughed.

I let out a huge sigh I didn't know I was holding in. "I just feel bad you know? Things would've been fine if I didn't kiss him."

"Seriously Brooke, it's fine. I bet you he's already over it."

"I guess. So what did you have to tell me?"

"That I spent the last four years of my life crushing on some douchebag."

"What did Matt do? Do I need to hurt him?"

She laughed a little before continuing "He only wanted to hang out with me because he made a bet with his friends. His friends said that he couldn't get me to have sex with him on the first date."

"Boys are disgusting." I rolled my eyes.

"Tell me about it..."

The next couple hours Kelsey and I did the normal things best friends do- talk, eat, talk, eat, paint each other's nails, talk.

My mom texted me and told me that she was home and that she wants to see me before she has to go again.

I left Kelsey's house around 2:00 and walked back home.