Chapter 10

"We are moving."

I stared at my mom with wide eyes. "Woah Woah Woah wait a minute, What did you just say?" She came close to me and grabbed my hands and started chuckling. "Sweetheart, calm down. The house is not far at all, It's just on the north side of Toronto." I felt like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders when she said that. "Am I switching schools?" I asked.

My mom took a deep breath. "Yes, I'm sorry honey." I thought for a minute. "Oh well, it's not the end of the world. I will be fine." She smiled and hugged me, "

When I got home I called Kelsey. I don't think she's going to like this...

K- Hey B what's up?

B- I have some news.

K- Uh, good or bad?

B- Uhm, middle i guess.

K- Spill!

B- I'm moving.

K- Oh my god! Where to? Why? How could you? Why do you have to leave me!

She rambled what felt like a billion questions.

B- Uhm I'm moving to the other side of Toronto, not sure exactly where, we found a better house, I guess?

I just realized I never really asked my mom why we are moving?

K- When are you moving?

B- Next week I believe...

K- Oh no, we need to have a sleepover ASAP! I'm on my way over!

She hung up the phone. I laughed at how she didn't even ask if she could sleepover.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A week and a half later and we just finished putting the last box into the moving van.

It took us about 10 minutes before we pulled up to this beautiful house in this oddly familiar neighborhood.

I walked inside and I could not believe my eyes! This house was huge and better than I could have ever imagined.

It has a tall ceilings with wood beams going across them. It had white walls with hard wood floors. (bringing out my inner house designer cuz I always watch HGTV haha anyway back to the story)

I walked straight forward into the kitchen. It had all new stainless steel with black counters and white floors.

It looked like a kitchen that you'd see in a magazine.

I walked upstairs where my mom was looking around. She was standing in a very large room, probably about two or three times as large as my last bedroom.

"Sweetie, would you like this to be your room?" my mom asked, smiling at me.

I nodded my head and smiled. "Mom, this house is beautiful!"

"I know, it's all I could ever ask for."

She walked away into another room somewhere down the long hallway.

I stepped into my room and took a look around. It had black carpet with purple walls and a small balcony out of the small sliding doors.

I walked outside onto the balcony and took a look around. All the houses were beautiful, they all were very similar as well. This place seemed very familiar like I've been here before but I just can't put my finger on it.

I walked back inside and checked out my bathroom. It wasn't as big as I thought it would be but then again I didn't have my own bathroom in my old house.

The next half an hour we spent just looking around the house.

I called Kelsey and told her about how awesome this house was.

She was on her way over to help me unpack and decorate my room.

I can't wait to go to a new school, even though it's going to be junior year, I need a change in my life.

"Hey hun, the neighbors are going to come over and help us bring boxes into the house, they have a son around your age! But they are going to come help in 20 minutes!" my mom yelled to me from down the hallway.

"Ok!" I yelled back.

Just then there was a knock on the door. "I'll get it!" I yelled.

I went downstairs and opened the door to see a medium height woman with brown hair at the door.

"Hi! You must be Brooke!" She smiled.

My mom came down the stairs. "Oh hey Karen!" she said to the lady at the door who's name is Karen which I'm guessing was our neighbor who was going to be helping us move in our boxes.

"My son will be over in a couple of minutes, he's busy recording a video or something."

Karen, my mom, and I started to bring boxes into the house and setting them aimlessly around the house.

I was making my way back outside to grab another box when a voice startled me.

"Brooke?" I turned around.

"Oh, hey Shawn."