Chapter 6

I went back into the restaurant, spotting Kelsey and Shawn talking among themselves.

"Sorry guys. Dealing with some stuff." I said, sitting back in my seat. "Are you okay?" Kelsey said, having a sip of her drink. "Yeah, I guess." I said, with a small smile.

Time passed, and the waiter gave us our check. Shawn insisted of paying for us three, but I didn't let him.

Once we were done, Kelsey had to use the restroom. So Shawn and I waited outside.

"Are you sure your okay?" Shawn asked after a few seconds of silence, looking at me with those brown eyes.

"I'm sure." I said with a bright smile.

Kelsey came out and she started rambling and I couldn't understand her.

"What?" I said, very confused.
"MATT WANTS TO GO OUT TONIGHT."
"That's great Kels!"I said. I'm happy for her.
"Yeah thanks! So I'm gonna have to go home and get ready...."
"No, no it's okay. I'll call you later." I smiled, looking at Shawn. Shawn nodded his head, I'm guessing he was okay with it.

Kelsey hugged us both and left. Now it's Shawn and I.

"So what do you want to do?" Shawn said, looking down at me, smiling with his white straight teeth. "I have no idea." I laughed.
"Wanna go back to my place and chill for a little bit until Kelsey is done with her date?"

"Sounds good. But hey, I don't have any change of clothes." I said, looking down at my feet.

"It's cool. You can borrow some of mine."Shawn smiled. Honestly, I blushed a little but I ignore it.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

We arrived at his place. I remember the memories that we had. The good and the bad. But I'm not going to worry about that. I'm just gonna have a good day with Shawn. I'm looking forward to it.

Throughout the evening, Shawn and I have been watching Disney movies and eating little snacks from here and there. His house is big but quite cozy. If you know what I mean.

Shawn let me borrow a grey shirt and some black sweat pants. They were big but comfy. Shawn had to use the restroom so I was just wandering around the house.

Then I found his room. He had brown walls with posters. It was cute. I was looking when I came across a guitar. I didn't know he played? Or he never told me? Maybe because with all this drama, we never actually talked until today.

I heard Shawn voice coming from down the hall. "In here!" I yelled back. I heard his footsteps coming near. "You play guitar?" I asked. "Uh, well kinda. I do covers on YouTube but it's not a big deal. " He said a little low, looking down at his shoes. I swear I saw him blush. Aw. No. Stop Brooke. I mentally slapped myself. Wow I need help.

"Can you play something? Please??" I asked. I went down on my knees, in my best begging voice, and my doggie face. "Ugh. Fine." He said, finally giving up. "Haha yes. My doggie face always works." I said with a smirk.

We both sat on his bed. He grabbed his guitar and started tuning it out a bit.

Then he started to play. Then he sang. Woah. He was so good. It was beautiful. His voice was so soothing, I started gazing off into my own thoughts. I didn't even know the song he was playing. After a few seconds, I controlled myself. I watched how his fingers touched the guitar. The song was 'Give me love by Ed Sheeran'. I love that song!

When the song was over, I didn't know what to say. I was speechless. "How was that?" Shawn asked. "That was amazing!!" I said with a huge smile on my face. "Thank you." He started laughing. "What's so funny?" I said, putting my eyebrows together. "Nothing, nothing."

My phone started vibrating in my back pocket. I checked to see who it was. Kelsey. "Hold on its Kelsey." I said to Shawn, while walking outside the room.

"Hello?"
"Hey girly!"
"Hi! How's your date?"
"It's going great. Matt took me to this amazing place downtown. Enough about me. You and Shawn?"
"Kels stop. Nothing happened. We went back to his place and watched movies. You know he can sing?!"
"He sings?"
"His amazing."
"Wow! Hey I'm going to have to let you go."
"Alright be safe. Goodb-"

She hung up. Alright. I started heading back to the living room where I see Shawn on the couch. "Hey, it's getting late. I think I should head back." I said, waking to the couch and grabbed my purse. "Alright. Do you want a ride?" Shawn said nicely.

"Oh no, it's okay. It's only a few blocks." I say lying because I didn't want Shawn to do any more for me that he already has. I really feel bad. In reality, my house from Shawn's is 30 minutes away walking.

He agreed so we said our goodbyes, hugged, and I went off.

On the way back I tried calling my mom. But she didn't answer. That's strange. She always answers. Even at work. If she was ever busy she would text me. But she's not doing that either.

I called her one last time before my phone died. Nothing. I'm getting worried.

Ugh. I hope everything is okay.