Chapter 21

Three Days Later

Shawn's POV

It was 5:03 am and I had a flight at 8:00 to go to the first event of tour. (ok i know the time frames and people and everything are all like messed up but just go with it)

It's been three days since Brooke and I broke up and it's killing me, knowing I'll be gone for a few weeks, away from her, not able to fix things. Did I even want to fix things? Were they even fixable? Was I the one who needed to fix things? Did I over react?

I sighed as I grabbed my bag and headed out the door.

"Are you excited?" my mom asked.

"Of course!" I half smiled.

"You don't seem it," she looked at me "Please Shawn, don't let brooke effect you right now..."

I looked at the ground and fiddled with my fingers. I hate when my mom brings her up. I get flashbacks of seeing her with Jake that night, flashbacks of the tears running down her cheeks, flashbacks of her face when I kissed her goodbye, flashbacks of the kiss— the feeling I get when she kisses me.

"Shawn are you listening?" my mom said interrupting my thoughts.

"Hmm? Uhm sorry I was just thinking"

She sighed. "Shawn you need to focus on this wonderful opportunity infront of you." she took my hands in hers "I'm so so proud of you  and you worked hard to get here! Don't let whatever happened between you and her effect you right now." she kissed my forehead and I smiled.

"Yeah, I need to get my head on straight."

We got into the car and she drove me to the airport, she dropped me off and I later on boarded my plane.

Later that Night

All of us boys were sitting in one of our hotel rooms, just talking, eating, things teenage boys do.

"Hey guys lets do something... fun" Nash says, smiling.

"Like what?" Matt asks.

"I don't know? A game? something!" Nash answers.

"I mean we could play truth or dare, or is that too basic?" Hayes says.

"It's pretty basic..." Cam says.

I was trying to think of a way that we could spice it up, but I really couldn't.

"Let's play anyway!" Nash says.

We all remained in our spots and just began to randomly ask each other dares and truths.

"Hmmm? Who should I pick on?" Cameron says. "How about you Shawn, you haven't been picked yet, truth or dare?"

"Truth." I said, not in the mood to do anything extreme, especially since I have a feeling Cam doesn't like me. I don't know why he would dislike me, but I don't really didn't want to risk it.

Cam's eyes stared into mine as he thought of something to ask me.

I was honestly beginning to be scared, I have no idea what he is going to ask me, and I can't even begin to guess considering I've only met him maybe two times prior to this?

"So that little slut you got, Beth? Brittney? What ever her name is, what's she like?" he smirked.

"Her name is Brooke and she's not a slut." I said, getting defensive.

"That's not what I've heard, I heard you walked in on her fucking her ex boyfriend."

"Where did you hear that?" I said clenching my fists slightly.

"I hear things, now tell me, what's she like?"

"Can we move on?" I said looking around watching the other boys just watching Cam practically tear me apart.

"No, what's the issue Shawn? You said you were in to play, and I asked you a question, what's she like? Is she worth going after?"

"Okay enough." Gilinsky said putting his hand up, motioning Cam to stop.

"Don't even think about going near her"

I walked out of the room and pulled out my phone, I really wanted to call her and tell her I still love her and I missed her and that I can't deal without her but it's not the right time, it's just not.

I was sitting on my hotel bed, scrolling through Twitter when a familiar @ popped up...

@brookecollins "If only you knew how much I miss you."

I just wanted to tweet back and tell her I missed her so much.

Maybe if I indirect her.

@shawnmendes "i miss you more than you could imagine"

I quickly deleted it though, why? I don't know.