Chapter 12

We stayed at the park for another hour and then started to walk back to the car.

My legs were aching from all that jumping around. Wow. I'm out of shape. But I didn't see Shawn complaining.

I got on the passenger side and sat down. Shawn turned the car on and began driving.

"I'm so tired." I said , laughing a little at the things we just did. "Me too." Shawn smiled.

Few minutes into the car ride, Shawn kept looking at me them back to the road and then doing it again and I don't know why.

"Is there something on my face?" I said, looking at him this time. "Haha no. It's just I don't know. Never mind."

"Uh ok." I said. I can feel the awkwardness in the air.

We made it back to our neighborhood. Shawn drove into his driveway and parked the car.

As I got out I check my phone and see that Mom call me 20 minutes ago.

I rang her number on my phone.

"Mom?"
"Hey sweetie. Why didn't you answer earlier? I was kinda worried."
"Sorry Mom. Shawn and I ended up going to the park and I guess I put my phone on silent and never notice." Oops.
"Oh ok. Well, when are you coming home? I need help still getting his house together."
"Yes. We just got back to Shawn's house. I'll be there in 5."
"Alright. Bye love you."
"You too."

I hung up my phone and to see Shawn sitting in his door step. I walked over there and sat next to him.

"Are you okay?" I asked. Shawn looked at me and said,"Yes.... Ugh no. Did I do something wrong? Because like.. Ugh. I'm sorry for looking at you. I didn't mean to. I wasn't thinking. I wasn't. If I just didn't look-"

"Hey hey. It's okay. No big deal. Okay?"I said interrupting him, putting a big smile on my face.

"Okay." He smiled back.

"Well I better go, my Mom needs help with the house and stuff..." I said.

"Oh alright." Shawn stood up and so did I.

We hugged. My arms wrapped around his neck and his arms wrapped my small waist. He is so much taller than me. I almost have to go in my toes to hug him. "Have a good night Brooke. I have so much fun with you. It feels nice to call you a good friend." Shawn smiled, as we let go of each other. "Same here. Goodnight. Don't miss me to much!" I said while walking away.

"Haha. Don't worry." He laughed. I turned back but he was already gone.

I made it to my house and went inside.

Time passed and I helped my mom get through stuff around the house for a few hours. I told my mom what happened today and she said she was happy to see me happy.

It was time for sleep. I did what I had to do before bed. And then I went into a great sleep.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Days passed, and Shawn and I kept getting closer and closer. We basically call each other bestfriends. I would call Kelsey to hang with us but she was always busy. But at least I have Shawn to be around. I'm glad I can trust him too.

I woke up and went downstairs for breakfast. There was a note on the island.

Brooke,
Sorry I have a meeting at 8. I left pancakes in the fridge. Call me if you need anything. Love you.
- Mom

I grabbed the pancakes of the fridge, put in the microwave, and ate them. After I was done, I went upstairs, brushed my teeth, and cleaned myself up, for a lazy day in bed.

It was around noon, and I decided to call Kels to see if she wanted to hang out. I went to the kitchen to grab my phone of the
counter, where I left it. I dialed her number.

"Kels?"

"Hey Brooke."

"How are you? Are you busy? I fell like it's been forever!"

"I'm fine. And sorry I can't today."

Kelsey sounded in a voice I never heard before.

"Is everything okay? Your always busy." I asked.

"Wonderful." She said in a sarcastic voice.

"Ok...So, what are you doing today then that you can't hangout with your bestfriend? And the past days?" I asked, wanting to know what's her problem.

"Well, when you were having SO MUCH FUN with Shawn, I was free for a little, but I didn't want to intrude, so I just went to the mall. I was in Forever 21 when I made a great friend. Her name is Danielle. She's so cool." Kelsey kept rambling on.

"Ok and?"

"You spend time with with Shawn so much. So why can't I get a friend too."

"Don't turn this on me. I wanted to hang out but you said you were busy. But clearly you weren't and spent time with your amazing new bestfriend." I said, really started to get mad.

"Well clearly you found a new bestfriend as well!" Kelsey said into the phone. "Yeah, Dani just put that done there. Yeah I'm fine." I heard Kelsey talking to apparently Danielle on the other side.

"SHES THERE WITH YOU?" I yelled.

"Yes." Kelsey said calmly.

"I can't believe you Kelsey-"

And she hung up. On me. What the hell?!? I'm so pissed. She decided to lie and get a new friend. How can I have a friend like that? I'm gonna have to go down there and check this new Danielle girl myself.

Thank you guys for 600 reads!! We love it when you guys comment saying you love our story, it's what gives us motivation to keep writing!❤️❤️