Chapter 24

Brooke's POV

"Maybe not, but it's a place to start."

He was right. And I honestly did want to work things out, I miss him so much.

I opened the door motioning him to come inside.

He sat down on the couch and I sat next to him.

"Brooke, I don't even know where to begin... I—"

"Then let me begin" I said with a sigh. "I'm sorry, I'm really sorry, sorry for everything that I did that night, the break up was never your fault, it was mine, and I'm sorry."

He sighed. "It wasn't your fault. You wouldn't have even been at that party if I hadn't yelled at you, plus I didn't give you a chance to explain yourself."

"And what about what you said the other day in the interview?" I said looking down at my hands.

"I didn't know what to do. I was caught off guard by the question, I didn't want to tell them everything that was going on, I couldn't even bare to talk about it, I didn't want to break in front of them." he said.

My heart broke a little more with every word, I had no idea he was hurting as bad as I was.

"What do you mean you didn't want to break in front of them?"

"I was so broken Brooke, I was heart broken, you are the one thing that I care about most, and I just let you slip out of my finger tips, I love you Brooke."

"You love me?"

"I do. So fucking much."

I couldn't help myself, I leaned over and pressed my lips against his, sending that oh so missed feeling of love throughout my body.

He slowly moved his lips with mine, bringing his hand up to the back of my head, as I did the same to him.

Oh how much I missed this. I missed him so much.

Shawn's POV

"I do. So fucking much." I said with a sigh.

Her reaction took me by surprise.

She leaned up and kissed my lips softly at first, and then pressing her lips back onto mine.

I missed her, I missed this feeling.

I broke away from the kiss and just hugged her. I hugged her so tight. I didn't want to let go. I just wanted to keep her close to me, in my arms forever.

She went to pull away from the hug but I just pulled her back tighter.

"Shawn! let go!" she laughed.

I released my arms but still stayed close to her.

"I missed you so so much." I kissed the top of her head.

"Can we do something tonight? Please. Just me and you." She said grabbing my hand, looking up into my eyes.

I smiled. "Of course! What do you want to do?"

"I don't care, I just want to spend time with you, catch up on missed time."

"Alright, we can go for dinner somewhere and then just go to the park and hang out," I smiled kissing her hand.

She then kissed my cheek "that sounds perfect."

The rest of the day we just stayed in and talked and caught up a bit before I left to go home and change.

*A Few Hours Later*

We just got done with dinner and were walking around the park.

Brooke looked so beautiful right now... I mean she looks beautiful all the time but right now, something about the way her eyes are lit up, the almost permanent smile on her face.

I looked down at our hands that were gently intertwined. I smiled, I couldn't help myself, I was happy. I got the girl of my dreams back, the girl who I never want to loose again.

I began thinking about everything that has happened since I met Brooke. Since the first time we were introduced to each other, oh how greatful I was for my cousin. My cousin who introduced me to the love of my life. I remember when we first kissed at my party. I remember when I found out she was the one who moved next door. I remember the first time I sang to her. I remember all the cute little moment we shared, something I don't ever want to share with anyone else.

I believe our bad memories were just a phase leading up to a forever thing. I think the break up made us realize how much we need each other, how much we care about each other, and most importantly... how much we love each other.

ANDDDDD THE END!!!