Chapter 17

"I want you to move to California with me."

I was speechless and I didn't know what to say. Of course I did not want to move out to California and leave my life behind here.

B- No, I can't.

I hung up the phone and walked back into the kitchen. I looked at my mom, who gave me an uncertain look and then to Shawn who had a confused look on his face.

"What did he want?" my mom said blankly.

"First thing, why didn't you tell me you were talking to him again?" I looked at her, still standing with my hands on the back of my chair.

"I- I-" she stuttered "uhm, he called me the other night, and asked me what I'm guessing he just asked you..."

"Well it's a no." I said a little too quickly and may have come off as way too rude.

Poor Shawn he is probably so confused right now.

"Ok sweetie it's your choice- now sit down and finish your dinner"

"I'm full." I said standing up and scraping my plate into the garbage.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Okay, so what happened down there?" Shawn asked sitting on my bed as I sat in my desk chair.

"My dad called me -which keep in mind I haven't talked to him in over two years- and asked if I wanted to move out to California with him." I said biting my nails.

"Oh" was all he could say. "Are you going to go?"

"Hell no." I ran my fingers through my hair and let out a sigh.

"Babe, come here let me take all your stress away" he said holding his hands out signaling for me to come over to him.

I got up and went over to him standing in between his legs as he looked up at me.

"You're so beautiful, you know that?" he said running his hand down my side, grabbing my waist lightly and pulling me down to him, both of us falling back onto my bed.

I blushed at his words and maybe a little at his actions.

"Let me give you a back massage"

I couldn't pass up that offer. I pulled my shirt up slightly revealing my back  and layed on my stomach while Shawn layed next to me.

He started off by actually massage my back but then ended up just drawing random shapes with his finger onto my back. 

Let me tell you... that was the most soothing thing.

I turned my head to look at him, he was so concentrated on the shapes he was drawing onto my back. I smiled at him and he noticed, smiling back.

"How did I get so lucky?" I said still smiling at him.

He blushed slightly and kissed my cheek.

I turned on my side, leaning my head on my hand.

He leaned in a kissed my lips letting his linger there.

I smiled as he pulled away, leaving his face inches from mine.

Then his phone rang. He sighed and pulled it out of his pocket.

"Hello?" He said into the phone. "What why?" "Are you serious?" "A hundred thousand?!"

I was so confused at this point. I have no clue what in the world he is talking about or who he is on the phone with.

"Omg that is amazing!" "Yeah, yeah I'll go check" "Bye!" he hung up the phone.

"Who was that?" I said.

"My sister" he said as he quickly did something on his phone. "I've been posting videos on this new app, Vine, did you hear about it?"

"No I haven't? What is it?"

"You can post like six second videos and a few nights ago I posted a video of me singing As Long As You Love Me on there and it just blew up" he said smiling at his phone. "And now I have a hundred thousand followers" he showed me his phone screen.

"Holy shit Shawn" I said smiling as I took his phone. I scrolled down his feed and saw the video he was talking about.  "That is incredible!" I said kissing his lips and handing him his phone back.

"I was gonna send the video to you, I mean it was dedicated to you, I just thought it would be something to post on this new app."

"Aww!" I cuddled into his chest and he let out a happy sigh before wrapping his arms around me and hugging me tight.

I could honestly stay like this forever, in his arms, my happy place.

A few minutes later and I was drifting off to sleep.

Shawn's POV

Brooke fell asleep in my arms, our legs intertwined. I was just admiring how beautiful she was, the most beautiful person I have ever layed eyes on. (a/n: damn someone is in loveeeee)

"Brooke swee-" her mom opened the door and I pretended I was sleeping.

"Oh my gosh," I heard her whisper "they are so cute!" Then I heard a camera sound and the door closing.

I opened my eyes and smiled to myself. I can't remember the last time I was this happy. Maybe that one time when I shot two goals in one of my hockey games when I was 9?

A few moments later, Brooke's eyes fluttered open and she smiled when they met mine.

"hey" she said nudging her head into the crook of my neck.

"Hey beautiful, your mom came in here and took a picture of us, she doesn't know I know though" I laughed slightly.

"She's so weird" she laughed sitting up and sitting criss cross in front of me.

I sat up leaning my back against the head board, "I should go soon, it's almost midnight"

"No, please stay the night" she said taking my hand in hers, looking at me with those eyes that I love so so much.

"How could I say no?" I laughed kissing her knuckles before letting go of her hand and patting the spot next to me.

"You should make a Twitter so I can tweet you cute things every day" I said looking at her.

She furrowed her eyebrows together "uhm sure? I used to have one but I forgot the password and I'm pretty sure my username was like justinbieberlover1234" she laughed and grabbed her laptop.

We set up her account and then we took a cute photo for her icon.

"I'll tweet you hang on" she said smiling as she typed into her computer.

Then I got a notification:

@BrookeCollins: "you're a doofus @shawnmendes"

And I replied.

@shawnmendes: "@BrookeCollins I'm your doofus"

I hadn't noticed that my number of followers on Twitter had also gone up and Brooke and I's tweets got like one hundred favorites.

"I'm famous now" I said jokingly as she was scrolling through her timeline as was I.

"Oh my gosh! Shawn you're my idol! Please sign my shirt & oh will you please kiss me!" She said in an extremely high pitched voice.

I laughed really loud before leaning over and kissing her lips.

"Anything for my number one fan" I smiled at her before kissing her again, this time longer and more passionate. God how much I loved her.